Cletrac.org
September 20, 2014, 04:56:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 11/28/12 - Added a Calendar where members can post and view upcoming events, shows, etc.
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 1 
 on: September 18, 2014, 09:16:00 PM 
Started by 79star - Last post by 79star
Any idea what the side frames weigh by themselves??

 2 
 on: September 18, 2014, 06:20:47 PM 
Started by John D - Last post by John D
Another good day at work on the Cletrac project.

Gas line issues resolved today.

Painted & installed the hydraulic cylinders

Installed an air filter.

Re-threaded the 1/2" pipe nipple with the JIC fitting brazed to it. Saved it!

Hydraulic hoses installed & system tested. Found another nipple that had a hairline crack and was leaking right at the control lever.  Replaced that and now there are no more hydraulic leaks.

I drove it out of the shop for more photos.

Because I want to get it back to work next weekend I installed the old hydraulic controls and hoses. I have a  new tank and control lever ready to go but it will need different hose fittings.

I'm in the final stretch to the finish line.  It's now about 95% complete.

The paint on the blade WILL show use by the end of September.

 3 
 on: September 17, 2014, 12:43:16 PM 
Started by John D - Last post by John D
Everything has gone exceptionally well up to this point in the project, so it was time that I ran into some problems.

I ran a new copper gas line yesterday. I couldn't get the compression fittings to seal. I will have to take the tank out to see what's going on under there. I should have done the gas test before installing the tank.

BTW,  I had cleaned and sloshed the tank 10 years ago.  Nice to be able to put the iPhone inside for these pictures.  The tank has three chambers with large portholes between each.

I also ran into some issues with the hydraulic lines.  One of the custom fittings was broken (it's a 1/2" pipe nipple with pipe thread at one end and a JIC fitting brazed to the other).

In the photo it is coming out of the "T" fitting and attaches to the hydraulic hose.

Just more time and $$$ to fix.

 4 
 on: September 15, 2014, 07:47:44 PM 
Started by arc flash - Last post by arc flash
Welcome to the forum. I'm going to guess you are in the electrical trade by your screen name. Me too.
yes, I work for a arc flash consulting firm. bee in the trade 28yrs now Undecided inside wireman

 5 
 on: September 15, 2014, 08:48:24 AM 
Started by GlenT - Last post by GlenT
I received frame fix pictures from Doug and Jack in NB and my brother-in-law of the frame fixes. I also spoke to Landis Zimmerman. The field fix Oliver put out had 5/8" U-bolts and 3/8" angle iron. The U-bolts hold the Clark Transmission/differential tightly against the front frame plate that also has a gasket keeping the oil in the lower shaft front bearing.

I also think angle irons should run from the bottom of the frame back to the bottom of the Clark differential back plate. These angle irons would help stop the tendency of the Clark unit to torque clockwise (looking at the right side) and try to seperate from the frame under pulling or pushing load. The angle irons are easily fastened to the Anderson dozer mounting. I'm not sure how it would work with the Ware loader or others but should be fairly easy.

 6 
 on: September 14, 2014, 05:01:18 AM 
Started by John D - Last post by ianoz
Great Thread  John .Looking forward to seeing the rams on ,and seeing some paint worn off the blade .

 7 
 on: September 12, 2014, 06:30:09 AM 
Started by John D - Last post by John D
Thanks guys.

I have been out doing trail work (cleaning up after loggers) with my ATV and a York rake.  Wishing the Cletrac was ready to tackle some of the bigger jobs.  Still targeting the last weekend of September for pressing it into service.  My Grandson will be excited to see it. He's young enough that he won't remember what it looked like before.

Earlier in the week I fabricated the throttle pivot from a piece of steel rod. Using a MAPP gas torch, I heated the ends and swedged them, then drilled for cable and carb rod linkage.  Got it right on the first attempt. I only had the top portion of the rod and the bracket that bolts to the engine. The lower part of the pivot was long gone.

I was working on fuel lines yesterday. Will finish that next trip.  Today I will be cleaning the hydraulic cylinders and priming them. Over the weekend I plan to paint the last few items and continue work on final assembly tasks.

 8 
 on: September 11, 2014, 01:24:33 PM 
Started by Kim Rowden - Last post by hotratz
^^ Correct and correct again ^^   Grin

 9 
 on: September 11, 2014, 01:20:46 PM 
Started by John D - Last post by hotratz
That thing is going to be sweet. I wish I had one that was as vintage. Nice job!

 10 
 on: September 09, 2014, 03:49:26 PM 
Started by John D - Last post by John D
I got the stone guard back on today and the headlights. Started working on the fuel lines too. Ran it outside for a few photos.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!