Cletrac.org
August 10, 2022, 08:48:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 11/28/12 - Added a Calendar where members can post and view upcoming events, shows, etc.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: W12  (Read 3318 times)
Johan
W12
« on: June 16, 2005, 12:46:26 PM »

Here are two photos of my W12 on its test drive.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Johan » Logged
cletracboy
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile WWW
w12
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 01:57:51 PM »

Excellent, great to see you have it running now.  Looks to be going well.  What have you had to do to the engine? Sam
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by cletracboy » Logged

I live in England, got interested in Cletrac's when I brought an Oliver BD in 2001, I now have an Oliver BD a Cletrac BDH and another BDH for parts and have just brought a 1919 model H. I also have a british built Track Marshall 90.  Always keen to hear from fellow collectors.
Johan
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 11:03:24 AM »

Hello Sam, I had to do a valve job, grinding and new springs. New rod bearings, loosening cam followers which were rusted stuck. New push rods. New pressure bearing for the governor. Cylinders and pistons were ok. New carburetor from Zimmermans and old IH magneto from Ebay.
Ray
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 07:14:06 AM »

That is great to see you driving that Cletrac W12! How did everything go together, what was the hardest part in getting your W12 up and running again? I remember the first photos that you posted and it looked like a big project!
Good luck in completing your restoration
I gotta go, I just signed on this morning to see who's talking Cletrac
Ray Zimmerman
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Ray » Logged

My comments are not meant to discourage other members from posting, I encourage everyone to voice their opinion.
VENDOR: Zimmerman Oliver-Cletrac
Parts for Oliver and Cletrac Crawlers is our specialty.
www.olivercletrac.com
Johan
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 11:38:28 AM »

Thanks Ray, actually there was not any really difficult part since it is a nicelly engineered tractor, and I found out that Landis was able to supply almost all parts. A local machine shop made new axles for the track rollers. Maybe the track rollers was the most trying job, both taking apart and assembling as well as paying lots of Euros and US Dollars.
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 03:32:47 PM »

You deserve a big congratulations on the restoration of your little Cletrac! Shocked  That was quite a project :!:

Personally I like the way it looks now too. The fully-restored, painted up ones look great, but I like them in thier working cloths too.

Blake
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Blake » Logged

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: