Cletrac.org
August 13, 2022, 05:23:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 11/28/12 - Added a Calendar where members can post and view upcoming events, shows, etc.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TRACK LOADER  (Read 3007 times)
lee
« on: January 27, 2006, 09:00:46 PM »

HI I HAVE A OLIVER TRACK LOADER WITH A HERCULES JXD 6 CLY GAS ENGINE I AM TRING TO FIND OUT WHAT MODEL IT IS I  THANK IT A 1953 BUT NOT SURE I NEED A HYD CONTROL VALVE .THE VALVE MOUNTS TO THE HYD TANK AND THE VALVE RETURN IS STRIGHT INTO THE TANK AND SEALED BY A ORING CAN SOME PLEASE HELP ME THANKS LEE  
    « Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by lee » Logged
    Robert Barbour
    phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
    « Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 09:17:58 PM »

With the JXD gas engine, it would be and OC 12.  There should be a serial number plate with model number on the dash panel right in front of the operators seat.  If it is missing there would be four rivit holes. There should also be an ID plate on the engine. The serial number for it would help to id the year and model.
    « Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Robert Barbour » Logged

Robert from Vancouver Island BC
    lee
    « Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 10:56:48 PM »

HI I WAS OUT LOOKING AT THE LOADER THERE IS A NAME PLATE ON THE HYD TANK IT WAS BUILT BY WARE MACHINE WORKS IT IS A MODEL B THE SER # IS 12329 BUT WHAT IS CONFUSING ME IS THAT THE TRACTOR IS A OLIVER AND I CAN NOT FIND ANY THING ON THE LOADER PART I WILL TAKE SOME PICTURE OF IT AND SEND THEM OR POST THEM SO YOU CAN SEE THANK FOR THE REPLY LEE
    « Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by lee » Logged
    John Schwiebert
    phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 04:05:33 AM »

If this is a 1953 tractor the serial number will be on the engine side of the firewall. If it is later tractor an a model OC-12 the serial number should be on the dash. Ware built the loaders They are still in business. Questions?
    « Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by John Schwiebert » Logged

John Schwiebert
    Blake Malkamaki
    Administrator
    phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 01:41:37 AM »

Please don't lock your caps guys --- it makes it very difficult to read.
    « Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Blake » Logged

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
    Ray
    phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 10:17:06 AM »

Hello Lee,

You have a late model B crawler built by Oliver. The model of the loader is also B, built by Ware Machine Works.

Ware is not in business any more ( I guess Sweibert did not know that) We bought Ware machine Works leftover stock and all their manuals.

The serial and model tag should be on the firewall.

Ray Z.
    « Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Ray » Logged

My comments are not meant to discourage other members from posting, I encourage everyone to voice their opinion.
    VENDOR: Zimmerman Oliver-Cletrac
    Parts for Oliver and Cletrac Crawlers is our specialty.
    www.olivercletrac.com
    Pages: [1]   Go Up
      Print  

Jump to: