Cletrac.org
August 18, 2019, 11:36:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cletrac--The War Years  (Read 5322 times)
Howard in Idaho
« on: March 15, 2006, 09:32:13 PM »

I'm going to come at this from a slightly different angle, but I'm a Military Vehicle collector and restorer.  My White Scout Car and Halftrack material indicates that Cletrac was a White subsidiary and the rear tracked drives and tracks  for the halftracks were developed and supplied by Cletrac. To keep up with production Diamond T and Auto Car also built halftracks and used Cletrac drives.   International Harvestor also built halftracks, but I do not know if they made their own drives or not.   i guess in 1944 Cletrac went to Oliver.  Oliver later acquirred Minnepolis Moline and then White ended up with everything.  I'm a little fuzzy on the dates, but My uncle was a longtime Moline employee and when they merged with White he lost all his pension and retirement benefits.,  It looks like Cletrac has been involved in a full circle of changes and with White on a couple of occasions.  The M2 military cletrac used a rubber track similar to the halftrack, but the halftrack pads were not replaceable.   I've learned a lot in the forum that I joined as I ended up with an M2 Cletrac in a deal for some Scout Car Parts.  Thanks Howard in ID
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Howard in Idaho » Logged
cletractracks
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 08:00:27 PM »

I owned a white halftrack as well and it was my understanding that b.f. goodrich developed and manufactured the endless rubber track. i had an n.o.s. spare track that was clearly marked as such and the tracks that were on the vehicle were marked that way as well. i can't say who developed the boggie system on the suspension but i thought the engineers at white truck  did.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: