Cletrac.org
August 10, 2022, 08:29:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 11/28/12 - Added a Calendar where members can post and view upcoming events, shows, etc.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie with an OC-3 question: reverser/shuttle transmission  (Read 2381 times)
dorkpunch
« on: April 10, 2006, 09:49:42 PM »

Hi all!

I'm helping a friend fix his OC-3 crawler.  the reverser transmission case cracked and he has been trying to get it out.  I looked at it the other day.... doesnt look like fun.  How does it come out?  do you have to take the rear shaft out? do the steering (brake) levers have to come off?  he has it unbolted and the drive shaft out, but you can only slide it so far back until the case hits the brakets that the brake levers are bolted to, and the shaft that goes into the bell housing is still in.  Any special tricks to this?  And does anyone have a spare reverser box sitting around?!

Thanks!

Doug.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by dorkpunch » Logged
Ray
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 04:22:17 PM »

First, my guess is that you are working on an OC4 3cyl crawler. If you unbolt the reverser from the clutch cover you should be able to slide the case back minus the clutch shaft, you will have to take the top off the reverser and push the shaft out toward the front. Good luck.
Ray Z.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Ray » Logged

My comments are not meant to discourage other members from posting, I encourage everyone to voice their opinion.
VENDOR: Zimmerman Oliver-Cletrac
Parts for Oliver and Cletrac Crawlers is our specialty.
www.olivercletrac.com
dorkpunch
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 03:11:50 PM »

Thanks for your help!  The plate on the side of the tractor said OC-3G.  He already had the top off the reverser and the bolts holding it to the clutch housing off.  The shaft seems to be intent on coming out with the reverser, but i didnt fiddle with it to long.  Are there any clips holding the shaft in?  Might just be stuck in the bearing on the reverser.  Guess is time to get the hammer out?
dorkpunch
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 10:31:16 PM »

went back up there today, and i think it is an oc4.  number plate says OC-46-3G.  Wiggled the input shaft and pried it and the bearing out of the reverser casing, and the reverser lifted right out!  now we just need to get it welded back together...  thanks again for your help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: