Cletrac.org
May 28, 2020, 11:14:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tracks  (Read 4231 times)
cletracboy
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile WWW
« on: June 25, 2002, 01:07:42 PM »

I have seen some Cletrac tracks of a military vechiel for sale. Can anyone tell me which if any, Cletrac tractors they would fit?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by cletracboy » Logged

I live in England, got interested in Cletrac's when I brought an Oliver BD in 2001, I now have an Oliver BD a Cletrac BDH and another BDH for parts and have just brought a 1919 model H. I also have a british built Track Marshall 90.  Always keen to hear from fellow collectors.
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2002, 12:50:28 AM »

I'm not an expert by any means on military tractors, but there were basically two: the MG-1 and MG-2. The MG-1 was a bomber nurser that had an air compressor and generator for starting and servicing airplanes. It could also tow them.

I hope this helps.

Blake
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Blake » Logged

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Robert Barbour
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2002, 07:31:01 PM »

The M 2 was a 7 ton Highspeed tractor used to two heavy bombers.  8510 were built. the tracks had removable rubber pads that could be quickly changed with the track on the machine. It used a Hercules WXLC3 engine of 404 cu in and 150 Hp.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Robert Barbour » Logged

Robert from Vancouver Island BC
John D
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2002, 12:28:14 PM »

Is there a track interchange listing?
What models shared tracks?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by John D » Logged

John D
If you want to do what you want to do, you have to do what you have to do.
redlineoryourmine
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2003, 10:43:59 AM »

all i know is that the military rubber tracks wont fit anything else that is what ive been told. they are a continous belt just like half-track tracks so when they brake you are done driving it since no one supposidly makes new ones i may be interested in the tracks if they are good. or would be really interested if they were new and kept out of the weather and sun light. this is why i am buying up lots of them because i dont want to put money into one and only get to drive it for a couple of hours and then ow darn my track broke. id like to see if steel tracks would fit but i think they would tare up the boggy wheels since they are rubber. do any others use ruber boggy wheels?hopefully i will get some pictures with my postings soon when i get time baby has been keeping me buisy besides all of my other hobbies.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by redlineoryourmine » Logged
cletracboy
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2003, 02:54:07 PM »

That post was ages ago and I cant remember where I saw the add. Could some of companys who repair industrial conveyors not repair the rubber track. Also what about the chances and its a long shot! that one of the tracks off a modern rubber tracked machine might fit, eg. the ones fitted to diggers. Sam
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by cletracboy » Logged

I live in England, got interested in Cletrac's when I brought an Oliver BD in 2001, I now have an Oliver BD a Cletrac BDH and another BDH for parts and have just brought a 1919 model H. I also have a british built Track Marshall 90.  Always keen to hear from fellow collectors.
redlineoryourmine
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2003, 11:14:43 AM »

i should of read the date. i dont think they use the same kind of drive clogs but im not sure sorry about not looking at the dates.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by redlineoryourmine » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: