Cletrac.org
June 02, 2020, 07:44:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new to site, looking for MG-1 info  (Read 4274 times)
tknierim
phpBB Junior Operator

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2007, 12:30:25 PM »

Hi everyone, new to site and looking for MG-1 parts, info, and just jeneral stuff on the old gal.  I was reading everyones posts. but they all seem to be about 2003.  Anything going on since then?  If redlineoryourmine is still around,  I very much would like to get in touch with you.  Thanks everyone.

Mine is the second style, with the newer air compressor.  My compressor is stuck, and I will probably put on another I bought.  Anyone have a source for parts on the compressor?  (Gaskets sets, etc. if I take mine apart)  My tracks are pretty decent. but the bolt on pads are coming apart.    Is this the place to list what I am looking for, or not?  I'll hold off for now.   Thanks to everyone/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by tknierim » Logged

I may be growing older, but I have never grown up.
R. Wilkie
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 05:00:25 PM »

Hi
       Every blue moon a manual or tractor will pop up on evil bay. I type in
Cletrac when I look there, I've also seen stuff under military tractor. I have a 1944 model . My compressor is stuck also. When we first went to look at the tractor the man had it in his shop using it . When we went back to buy it,he had let the thing run out of oil. I went ahead and mounted it on the tractor anyway for looks. I have eight new track pads for sale at
$10.00 each plus shipping, I would guess that is a fair price but you can check around. Also have seventy four track guides.they are new as well
but are not all the same. I don't know if some are early or what
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by R. Wilkie » Logged
pmarriott
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 01:20:15 PM »

Hi there
Do either of you want to sell your stuck compressors as I am looking for one for my MG-1 restoration over here in England. If so any idea of cost and could you crate for over seas shipping?

I am also looking for lots of other parts including light guards and mounting brackets, toolbox, fender mounted air receiver and hose racks, fender mounted generator and control box. What do you have???

Regards
Paul
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by pmarriott » Logged
R. Wilkie
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 07:41:21 PM »

Paul
       I'm going to hang on to my compressor in hopes of fixing at some point, Sorry. The only other parts I had to sell is the stuff that you seen listed above. You may want to check with Jerry Biro, I think that is the correct spelling on the last name. He is in Ohio his info may be on this website. Have you seen any canvas tops anywhere ??
                                                                                Roger
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 10:36:13 AM »

Quote from: "R. Wilkie"
      Have you seen any canvas tops anywhere ??
                                                                                Roger

There's an Amish guy around here who does all kinds of canvas work. Most of the fancy boat people in the area go to him.

Blake
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Blake » Logged

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
R. Wilkie
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 10:36:24 AM »

Blake
          Thanks, could you get his info for me? A while back I had contacted a company called Beachwood canvas,they repro tops for all kinds of military trucks and jeeps. They didn't have a clue what an MG-1/M-2 was. I thought when I found the top bows the hard part was done, man was I wrong there. :cry:
                                                                  Roger
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 12:38:19 PM »

Quote from: "R. Wilkie"
Blake
          Thanks, could you get his info for me? A while back I had contacted a company called Beachwood canvas,they repro tops for all kinds of military trucks and jeeps. They didn't have a clue what an MG-1/M-2 was. I thought when I found the top bows the hard part was done, man was I wrong there. :cry:
                                                                  Roger

Sure Roger,

It's called Conneautville Canvas and the phone number is 814-587-2755.

Blake
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Blake » Logged

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: