Cletrac.org
November 21, 2018, 02:58:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toolkit  (Read 7773 times)
Mr. Deleted
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 10:48:09 PM »

ok well I will see what I can do about it. I do know about sql injection, I had a friend try that once, and when it worked, he fixed my board so it would not anymore, but I lost that code he used.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Mr. Deleted » Logged
Jim N
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 05:37:28 AM »

If you go to the admin index page, the version info tells what we have and there is the link to download the update along with the instructions.
I am having trouble understanding which files to overwrite.
  I am able to do an FTP. ,, I am not confident as to exactly which ones to save and which ones to overwrite.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Jim N » Logged

A List of My Toys :   58 Oliver OC4-42-IND Dozer,       50 Farmall Cub,     54 Farmall Super C,    69 JD 112,   75 Wheel Horse C-185 Electric,    72 Honda Trail 70,   75 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible,  71 Triumph TR6 Convertible, 08 Harley Davidson Road  King Classic,  70 Seafarer 23 Sailboat
Mr. Deleted
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 07:27:25 PM »

i have the files o my computer, I just need to get some time and read the instructions. I work again tomorrow, but then i have off a few days
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 09:30:47 PM »

Take your time Joe. I certainly appreciate your help!

Blake
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Blake » Logged

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Mr. Deleted
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2006, 10:19:34 PM »

http://www.saag.us/cletracTLA.GIF

I have just done this calculation for you for one company that would help you pay for the hosting... I am still working on the ebay thing, but in order for you to get paid, I would need you to sign up at cj.com. I will work on your site, but i think it should pay for it's self, so that you are not paying more out then you are getting back.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 07:34:16 PM by Mr. Deleted » Logged
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 09:34:08 PM »

Have you used this Commission Junction, Joe?

Are there any negatives? Where do the ads come from? How much control do we have? Can we get out of it if we don't like them?

Thanks.

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Mr. Deleted
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2006, 10:11:17 PM »

they are basicly a marketplace to find companies that pay a commission for sign ups and sales. If you sent thier advertisers sales, they will pay you. the screenshot above is not from CJ, but another site, they denied my sites (the test link ads site), but my buddy just made the other day a few 100 from ad sales on www.moneyforum.com.

Back to CJ, they have a lot of Pay Per Sale companies in their databade, and ebay is one of them, and if one of your visitiors buys from ebay after clicking on a link from your site, they will then pay you a commission from that sale. If a user signs up at ebay and buys within 30 days, it will pay more. Higher the price of the item, the better. No, there is really no "negitives", but you will not be rich overnight, it is just a way to earn from your traffic, and sell them somthing while they are here. They are here to find information, and you provide it, and if you can make some money at it, great. I am currently putting adsense ads infront of my ebay ads on here:

www.saag.us

The constantly updated content will also be good for SEO, so if nothing else, it just might help your traffic rank. There would be other ways to monitise too, but we don't want to become totaly "commercial", as that can scare people away, we want to help them find what they are looking for, first and foremost.

Hope that makes some sense :)
Mr. Deleted
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2006, 10:13:01 PM »

and yes, I do use them for a few sites, I am signed up with them to promote Paypal and a few other companies.
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2006, 11:43:00 PM »

I'll look at those links tomorrow Joe. Sorry, been too busy and my wife is using my computer instead of her own :x

Blake

Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2006, 05:33:33 PM »

I've been real busy, but will look things over real soon.

Yesterday I went out in the morning and shot my first deer ever - a really nice 8 point buck. I got him right on our farm. It really messed up my day and I didn't get anything else done -  :wink:

Blake

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: