Cletrac.org
September 22, 2019, 10:52:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1942 MG1 Cletrac (Complete)---Scrap it or sell it???  (Read 4179 times)
vkemak
« on: May 24, 2007, 02:20:27 PM »

1942 MG1 Cletrac came in our scrap yard. Could anyone tell me if we should keep it or cut it up? It is totally complete and has been sitting in a hedge row of a farmers for Many years. Tracks look good etc. Everything seems to be there. Generator, toolbox etc. It would be a shame to see the boys scrap her.[/b]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by vkemak » Logged
John D
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 03:37:41 PM »

Quote from: "vkemak"
1942 MG1 Cletrac came in our scrap yard. Could anyone tell me if we should keep it or cut it up? It is totally complete and has been sitting in a hedge row of a farmers for Many years. Tracks look good etc. Everything seems to be there. Generator, toolbox etc. It would be a shame to see the boys scrap her.[/b]

Just by coming here, you KNOW the right answer!!!!  Where is it located?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by John D » Logged

John D
If you want to do what you want to do, you have to do what you have to do.
vkemak
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 05:20:05 PM »

Located Upstate NY in Whitney Point. North of Binghamton is where it is.
vkemak
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 09:45:10 AM »

anyone know what a MG1 (Complete) is worth? My brother is threating to put it in the long steel pile and scrap it because its in the way. He's giving me until Wednesday to either find it a home or its going. If anyone is intrested PLEASE let me know. Also, I think a tub of stuff that came from the same place we picked up the Cletrac may be some kind of attachments. Not real sure<>
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 02:19:18 PM »

I'm sure you'll get an answer, but it may take a few days because of the holiday weekend, and because there aren't too many military collectors on here.

Whatever it is worth, it is definitely more than it's worth in scrap, so you won't be losing out by holding onto it for a while.

You're also free to advertise it on the classifieds on this site.

Blake
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Blake » Logged

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Ol Paint
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 04:57:56 PM »

Quote from: "vkemak"

I left a message at the phone number listed in the Classified Ad.  I have a couple of questions regarding the machine.

Thanks,

Douglas
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Ol Paint » Logged
vkemak
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 09:45:51 AM »

Douglas could you call again>Your message came in unclear.

Thank You
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: