Cletrac.org
June 30, 2022, 01:52:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wishing you folks all a very Merry Christmas! From Blake Malkamaki and Cletrac.org.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1942 AD Factory IH Red PaInt.  (Read 6757 times)
farmerphil
« on: October 21, 2007, 10:04:58 PM »

HELLO.  I just picked up an 1942 AD that from the first apearance is painted farmall red from the factory.  I had the paint scaned and it came up to a IH red ppg number.  The crawler was part of a fire protection area, and I was told it was ordered red to match the other equipment. I can not find any oarnge on it, so it does not look like a overpaint. It has street pads on it.  Needs a lot of work had been sitting for 20 plus years. In the shop now getting tore down.  Does anyone know of this color on any other cletracs.  THANK YOU.  Phil
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by farmerphil » Logged
John D
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 11:17:12 PM »

Quote from: "farmerphil"
HELLO.  I just picked up an 1942 AD that from the first apearance is painted farmall red from the factory.  I had the paint scaned and it came up to a IH red ppg number.  The crawler was part of a fire protection area, and I was told it was ordered red to match the other equipment. I can not find any oarnge on it, so it does not look like a overpaint. It has street pads on it.  Needs a lot of work had been sitting for 20 plus years. In the shop now getting tore down.  Does anyone know of this color on any other cletracs.  THANK YOU.  Phil

Hi Phil, Welcome to the forum.  Yours wouldn't be the first machine a manufacturer painted a color specified by the customer.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by John D » Logged

John D
If you want to do what you want to do, you have to do what you have to do.
farmerphil
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 08:25:30 AM »

HELLO.  Yes I have seen orange, yellow, and a brown cletrac.  I thought red was a interesting color from the factory.   It matches my farmall m or the other way around.  I have learned quite a bit from the time I have spent on this site allready.  THANK YOU for your reply.   Phil
John D
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 03:52:49 PM »

HELLO.  Yes I have seen orange, yellow, and a brown cletrac.  I thought red was a interesting color from the factory.   It matches my farmall m or the other way around.  I have learned quite a bit from the time I have spent on this site allready.  THANK YOU for your reply.   Phil

A number of colors were used over the years.  A dark chocolate brown, and a bluish grey were used on early machines.  Cletrac Orange and yellow were used in later years, and of course, Oliver Green.  I had trouble finding any consistent color on my '46 AG-6 when I took it down to the bare metal for refinishing.  There sure were a number of non-factory colors and coats on there.  Still not sure if it was originally yellow or orange.  But it is orange now!

John D
farmerphil
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 10:21:43 PM »

I plan on repainting my AD in the farmall red.  Would look good at the shows with my farmall M.  But my trailer is only bid enuff to handel one at a time. I just put the diesel back togeather after taking the head and oil pan off to inspect everything, and cleaning out the injector pump.  Started up real nace after all thease years of sitting.  I drained out what was once transmission oil and replaced with 30 wt to flush out the gear box before I put in some 50 wt. Once I figure out how to post photos will put some on.  THANKS for your reply.  Phil
John D
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 11:15:59 PM »

I plan on repainting my AD in the farmall red.  Would look good at the shows with my farmall M.  But my trailer is only bid enuff to handel one at a time. I just put the diesel back togeather after taking the head and oil pan off to inspect everything, and cleaning out the injector pump.  Started up real nace after all thease years of sitting.  I drained out what was once transmission oil and replaced with 30 wt to flush out the gear box before I put in some 50 wt. Once I figure out how to post photos will put some on.  THANKS for your reply.  Phil

Phil, glaad you got the AD running.  There's an old post about how to put up photos.  One good way is to open a free account with photobucket dot com and then copy the links into your message.

John D
farmerphil
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 10:31:59 PM »

HELLO. I went to the site and set up a account. THANKS
farmerphil
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 06:03:53 PM »

Well I put some photos of the AD on webshots.   Search CLETRAC or for my album search FAIRLANEPHIL. You will see all the collection (money pits)  All the photos starting with 2007 are from our last tractor show.  Phil
Dale Barker
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 11:49:01 PM »

Any manufacturer will paint a piece of equipment the color the customer requests.  If it were mine I would paint the Cletrac colors the way Cletrac normally would have done.  By the way the red is not Farmall Red.  It is International Red 9150.

Dale
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Dale Barker » Logged
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 10:02:40 AM »

Quote from: "Dale Barker"
I do not understand what you want in the Textual Confirmation question. Show the crawlers and I will tell you what make they are.

This is a spam fighter. If we didn't have the Textual Confirmation you would see 10 to 100 spam messages on the forum everyday that I would have to remove. It would make the forum almost unusable. Apparently you figured out how to work it as you got signed up.

Blake
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Blake » Logged

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: