Cletrac.org
August 10, 2022, 09:43:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AD or B engine conversions  (Read 3138 times)
farmerphil
« on: December 28, 2007, 11:49:40 PM »

I have done engine conversions on other equipment by using strait 4 or 6 cylinder with clutch housing.  I am collecting photos of conversions done on the smaller cletrac letter crawlers. Has anyone seen or done a conversion by removing the clutch asembly and using a engine with its own bell housing and clutch. Run a u joint shaft to the trans coupler from the new bell housing. Something like the OC3 setup. I saw one with  a chevy six, they exstended the frame 12 inchs to mount the radiator.  But any engin clutch combo could work.  Much easyer than trying to line up a new clutch pack and off brand engine into the original housing.   Phil
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by farmerphil » Logged
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 06:37:20 PM »

It works easy on the HGs or OC3s but would be a little harder to do on an A or E. The bell on those are part of the frame. Could it be done ?  Sure...

Bob
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Bob » Logged

Certified Cletrac-tard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: