Cletrac.org
August 04, 2020, 05:34:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Track pads, wiring harness and canvas tops for M2's  (Read 2003 times)
Taigh Ramey
phpBB Operator

View Profile WWW
« on: April 10, 2009, 03:13:05 PM »

Hello,

I have found a stash of Cletrac pads that are NOS but are aged. The rubber is firm and some have small cracks. The studs re good and most still have the thread protectors on them. There are about 5 tractor sets available for $10 each pad. I would like to buy the lot of them to see if I can get a better price. I will only buy the lot if I can recover the cost of the extra ones and keep a set for myself. Do any of you have any interest in buying matching sets of track pads? I can post pictures of them if there is any interest.

We are also tooling up to make about 6 sets of original style wiring harnesses for both the early and late M2. Once we finish the first set I will be able to come up with a price. I will make them with the original cotton braid wiring that matches the braid/trace pattern of the originals we have here. The harness will also have the correct loom braided over the top just like the original. Do any of you need an authentic wiring harness?

I have also acquired an original set of canvas for the Cletrac (top assy, four side curtains, windshield cover and boot cover). The top set is NOS and perfect. It still has the pin holes visible where they laid it out on the table and pined it down. This top assy is perfect for making correct reproductions. Once again I still have to figure out what the price will be but if anyone is interested in a set of all 7 pieces or just a top assy please let me know.

I am also going to make the top bows too should you need them.

If anyone has an interest in these items please let me know via e-mail at taigh@twinbeech.com

Our web site is listed below where you can find further contact information or you can call me at 209 982 0273.

Thanks,
Taigh
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Taigh Ramey » Logged

Taigh Ramey
www.twinbeech.com
KEEP 'EM FLYING...FOR HISTORY!
Ol Paint
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 10:44:19 PM »

I would like to know when you determine a price for the top.  I don't have a windshield for either of my M2s, but would eventually like to outfit one with a top.  Of course, I have to get one running, first...

Douglas
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Ol Paint » Logged
pmarriott
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 01:33:17 AM »

Keep us all posted on the costings as I am sure there are others interested.

I would probably be interested in one maybe two wiring harnesses  and a set of canvas and bows. I will speak to a couple of other collectors over the next couple of weeks over here in England and see whether they require any items. I am guessing the more ordered the cheaper the price!

Just need to get new track bands made now!!!

Keep up the good work.
 8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by pmarriott » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: