Cletrac.org
May 28, 2020, 09:16:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wishing you folks all a very Merry Christmas! From Blake Malkamaki and Cletrac.org.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some of our other crawlers from downunder  (Read 12436 times)
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2009, 05:58:23 AM »

Hi All, We have only just started with olivers but here is some photos of our other crawlers  Our First one is a 1953 cat d4 7u ,then a 1953 cat d2 4u . The next one is a fowler VF single cylinder  2 stroke diesel built in about 1948. Hope you like them .ian. Just added the photos back .
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:11:58 PM by ianoz » Logged
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 08:04:19 AM »

david brown 30td
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 01:32:36 AM by ianoz » Logged
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 08:06:55 AM »

trackmarshall 55
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:16:18 PM by ianoz » Logged
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 07:25:11 AM »

couple more .ian[attachment=1:3uzhlx30]eae9_0.jpg[/attachment:3uzhlx30]
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 08:33:30 AM »

A cat D68U that we have just bought , ian ,
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 11:50:12 PM »

Thats a nice old 6 there. We have one almost identical. Ours has a teaming winch on it and a little different grill mask. It sure runs good. Got a final drive leaking we're gonna need to fix.

Certified Cletrac-tard
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 09:16:08 AM »

Hi Bob , Thanks for your reply, Was starting to think i was wasting my time posting the photos . We just went and looked at and bought a cat D47J on the weekend . .The D6 we found for a friend who wanted it to clear his farm . He is not a crawler pewrson  and we have been trying to get him to part with it for a long while . We found him a tractor he wanted and bought it for him ,plus some $s to sweeten the deal . I see you are interested in macks ,so i will put up a couple of photos ,Our B61 mack and mack metroliner tipper . Ian .
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 10:56:49 PM »

Nice I love old Macks. I've got a '88 Superliner and a '61 B-61. I run the Superliner all the time and the B model is a work in progress. We just started hammering on the dents again today. I gotta walk the dog again Wednesday. Probably another couple hundred miles. Just put a pile of money in it. Rear suspension rebuilt, new brakes, bumper, tires and a couple wheels, painted the fenders, new fueltank steps, ect ect ect. Nice lookin trucks. You just can't beat an old Mack. The newer ones on the other hand... What year is the metroliner? The old Bmodel needs a little TLC, but have seen them and owned them a whole lot worse! Hey your steering wheels are on the wrong sides! LOL! Are there any jobs down under? Things aren't lookin too good here in the states and I've always wanted to go to Australia anyway...

Certified Cletrac-tard
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 06:17:59 AM »

Hi Bob , I have a mate that has in 88 superliner and a79 r600 and a 80 r600 .He also has a 67 mack flintstone he is doing up . Our Metroliner is a 1992 model. No good you coming out here ,as you would miss your olivers and cletracs .They are few and far between out here . 1988 was a special year out here for mack as a bicentenary model was built .only 16 were built and most are still going strong .All were named after explorers or bushrangers etc .There is one in the town we live in .Contractor bought it new ,then sold his business . 20 odd years later he has found the truck again ,bought it back and restored it back to new . Cost him more than he paid for it new . .So what do you do Farm? We ,my son and myself have an earthmoving business ,just the two of us but lots of gear.Plenty of different jobs to do .This is what i operate most the time a hino truck and 8 ton jcb excavator ,and a fiat allis FL5 drott . Sorry can't put the photos up ,keeps saying their to big . Ian. Edit , A couple of 88 superliners .
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:24:49 PM by ianoz » Logged
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 10:06:55 PM »

We my dad and I are in the oil buisness. I run the big trucks and he has trucks that he runs downhole surveys with. The forestry is giving us a hard time about drilling on the national forest basically where we do all our work. Things don't sound too hopeful with the tree huggers. There is alot of work out in eastern Pennsylvania. I don't see it lasting long. The government is going to tax the crap out it and make it so hard to do that that is going to peter out. I put a couple hundred miles on the Superliner today, and a couple hunderd more for tomorrow. I think we had "Liberty" Superliners in '88. I've never seen one.

I'm gonna come down to Australia someday just to visit if nothing else. I'll look you up when I come down to see your collection in person.

Certified Cletrac-tard
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 06:23:33 AM »

Hi Bob, i would have thought the need for oil and exploration would over ride the greenies ..The goverment not being behind the exploration isn't going to help . Maybe someone should drain the gas tank on Obama's limo  and air force one and tell him he needs to find some more gas to fill em up again . Hope the powers that be ,see some senceand you can keep working . ian .
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 04:25:29 AM »

Hi Bob , A couple of aussie superliners for your viewing pleasure , The fist one ts an 1988 model,and the second one is also an 88 model .It is a bicentenary model with only 16 built .Ian. Added the photos to the post above .
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:26:13 PM by ianoz » Logged
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 05:56:08 AM »

Hi ,A couple more crawlers we have added.First is a catd47j ,the second is a d46u .Ian .
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 06:56:07 PM »

Seeing how  there are plenty of you guys looking at the phoyos , lets see if you can see something wrong with this machine . A cat R4 we have just bought . Ian .
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2010, 09:15:14 PM »

Besides the R4 Cats being gas and this is diesel, and the seat fuel tank, I don't see anything. I have never seen a D4 with that style seat tank but being in the US could have something to do with that.  Looks good

Bob

Certified Cletrac-tard
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: