Cletrac.org
October 19, 2017, 11:19:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wishing you folks all a very Merry Christmas! From Blake Malkamaki and Cletrac.org.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bob Burkhouse pulling Cletrac AD Williams Grove  (Read 6843 times)
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« on: September 07, 2009, 02:17:24 PM »

Bob Burkhouse pulling his 1950 Cletrac AD diesel tractor at the Williams Grove steam show in Williams Grove, Pennsylvania on September 5, 2009. Cletracs and Oliver tractors were the featured manufacturer this year. This was our first time at this show and we were really impressed at the enthusiasm and multitude of exhibits, and the fact that activities were going on well into the night. Bob pulled the tractor near 10 pm, and there were still more to go, and still hundreds of people around. See cletrac.org

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umU6Uvh-qco

Blake

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
dadjon
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 04:49:23 PM »

Videos are awsome. I saw this cletrac on the trailer in the parking lot at Williams Grove. If I would have known he was going to pull it I would have stayed to watch. I had to leave because of work, it was a 3 1/2 hour drive home.
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 05:55:42 PM »

Quote from: "dadjon"
If I would have known he was going to pull it I would have stayed to watch. I had to leave because of work, it was a 3 1/2 hour drive home.

Well it was just by luck that we were there for the pull. We went out to supper with Tim Sharp and the Severances, and got out of the restaurant around 9 pm or so and planned to just go back to the motel. But I said, "well, let's just swing by the grounds and see if anything is still going on." Anyway, there was still lots of activity and they were having fun pulls, so Bob ran and grabbed the AD and went for it.

Blake

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 08:20:48 PM »

dadjon I think I talked with you at the Brownsville show a month or so ago?

Bob

Certified Cletrac-tard
pettersean
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 01:48:39 PM »

The tractor was actually a Fleetline 77 put on a letrac undercarriage..good luck guys..

phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 05:04:25 PM »

Hi Bob,
I just noticed the post you left about talking to me at the Brownsville show. We may have talked , I talk pretty much to any one at the show. Were you the guy with the Cletrac A pulling the scraper?  I asked the guy his name but I am terrible remembering names.

John
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 07:58:19 PM »

Quote from: "pettersean"
The tractor was actually a Fleetline 77 put on a letrac undercarriage..good luck guys..

What tractor are you referring to here?

Blake

Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 10:22:48 PM »

I was the one driving the tractor pulling the scraper. The guy with the orange shirt on the scraper was Tim Hoskinson.

I don't know what tractor was a fleetline 77 on a cletrac uc. Blake has an experimental "OC6" that is an HG with a 77 engine ( if I remember correctly) but there are no pics of it I know of.

Certified Cletrac-tard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: