Cletrac.org
May 20, 2022, 02:29:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anderson blade  (Read 6356 times)
Bristlecone
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2009, 11:57:46 AM »

Looking for a ballpark price on an Anderson blade setup.  I'm currently weighing the pros and cons of purchasing a blade versus making my own.  Finances may dictate that I create my own anyway, but I was curious about the Anderson setup.  It looks like a strong, clean design that is pretty popular with OC/Hg owners.  Any insight would be much appreciated!  Thank you in advance.
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 11:08:16 PM »

I don't know on the prices, but we have one on an HG and seem to like it. I also have an AGH with an Anderson dozer and I really like it. It is not so heavy in the front and the tractor balances good with it. The hydraulics are faster than the Heil dozers too. They aren't too hard to angle either. The only thing is that they don't tilt.

Bob

Certified Cletrac-tard
Bristlecone
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 10:37:20 AM »

Thanks for the reply Bob.  Looks like I better start looking for one.  Derek
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 10:55:13 AM »

I was going to build one for my bigger tractors. I guess I still plan on it, just need the time. The blades on the "inside frame" dozers seem to fit the tractor better for power and traction wise too. Plus they are narrower to haul down the road.

Bob

Certified Cletrac-tard
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 10:57:59 AM »

Also to build an anderson type dozer should be fairly easy. The push arms are just pieces of pipe and how they mount to the tractor is simple too, as are the cylinders.

Bob

Certified Cletrac-tard
Bristlecone
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 08:14:42 PM »

I thought it would be fun to build my own blade setup.  My problem is that this is my first OC, and I haven't seen a blade setup on one of these machines in person.  I've been analyzing pictures, on this site and elsewhere, visually trying to get a design down in my head.  I don't think it would be difficult to maybe find a good blade at a salvage yard, and then build from there.  I'm getting ready to remove an existing Ware loader from my machine, maybe then I'll be able to get a better handle on how to mount to the frame, etc...I might come back looking for a little more insight from the experts!  I appreciate the advice Bob.  Derek
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 11:28:18 PM »

Well we are in northwestern Pa and if you wanted to come take a look at ours you are more than welcome. If theres anything I could do to help I will try my best.

Bob

Certified Cletrac-tard
Bristlecone
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 11:38:00 AM »

Bob, thanks for your generous offer.  Unfortunately I'm in Oregon, and finances don't permit me to travel much this time of year.  Farming, and landscaping aren't horribly lucrative in the winter around here!!  I would really be interested in seeing your machines, especially your A.  That was going to be my next target machine after I got my OC done.  Do you still use yours for some work?  They look like a stout, and able machine for their age.  It sounds like Zimmermans carries many of the parts for this model?  I don't see many for sale out here in the Northwest, but I'm always watching.  Thanks again for all of your help, Derek.
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 01:04:01 PM »

There should be some pics of my AG and my dad's HG on this site. Look under Bob Burkhouse in the photo gallery. If your on Facebook I have alot of pictures of cletracs there. Zimmerman does have alot of parts for HGs. He also has a good selection for the bigger tractors. I have been to his place, it is very neat and chocked full of parts!

I do use my A a little, but it is worn too badly to use much. I'd say Oregon to here and back to check out a tractor would be a long ride. I'm in the oil field trucking and it has been really slow for a while now. I travel a little, but try to keep it to a minimum.

Bob

Certified Cletrac-tard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: