Cletrac.org
September 16, 2014, 12:25:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 11/28/12 - Added a Calendar where members can post and view upcoming events, shows, etc.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An old Caterpillar tractor race - date unknown  (Read 2607 times)
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« on: January 24, 2010, 12:12:46 AM »

These are mostly Cat 10s and high clearance 10s, plus some 60s and others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6vbhvnIWVk

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 01:17:47 AM »

Hi Blake .Anytime someone puts this up on the ACMOC furum ,they make them take it down as "caterpillar "don't want to be assocated with it . Aparantly the cat 60 that had the building collapse on it killed the driver ,and they put a replacement driver on it to finish the race . Weather that is fact or fiction I don't know . Ian .
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 08:52:02 PM »

I wondered that myself when that roof came down on top of the guy. But who really knows? You can be pretty sure that he was not the only guy ever killed on a Caterpillar anyway. I guess someone needs to archive the video before someone makes YouTube take it down.

Blake

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: