Cletrac.org
August 10, 2022, 09:07:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 11/28/12 - Added a Calendar where members can post and view upcoming events, shows, etc.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 Point Hitch for OC3 Crawler/Loader  (Read 4851 times)
Jethrow
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2010, 04:17:34 PM »

Hello,

Has anyone tried to fabricate a 3 pt hitch for an OC3?

I have a few tractors with 3 pt hitch and a number of implements.  It would be handy to be able to use them on the OC3 especially early spring when the ground is still soft.  The OC3 has a weight package on the back that sticks out but the width of the support arms are about the same width as a 3 pt hitch implement.  Standard pins and arms could be attached to the arms that hold the weight package.

It would just be a matter of figguring out how to raise/lower an implement.

Jethrow

1955 Oliver OC3-42 Ware 3Wi Loader and Aux Trans
Bristlecone
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 10:50:56 AM »

Like yourself, I've been working on the idea of a 3 point hitch for my OC3.  It would really come in handy for field cultivation, etc...Not only that, it would be a lot of fun to utilize the machine for what it was designed for!  I'm assuming that you've seen the Hydra-Ease pages, in the Photo Album under the attachments section?  That doesn't look to be a difficult design to fabricate, possibly from linkages borrowed from other tractor hitches, and maybe new hydraulic cylinders.  The problem now is finding the time to fabricate.  Might have to wait until next winter. :cry:   Good luck, Derek.
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 08:53:05 AM »

And another one .Ian .
cletrac68
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 10:03:13 AM »

A company called Hansen-Lynn, California made a 3 pt adapter called a Hydro-Ease for the HG/OC crawlers back in the '50's. I will try to  post a picture.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: