Cletrac.org
August 13, 2020, 11:59:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wishing you folks all a very Merry Christmas! From Blake Malkamaki and Cletrac.org.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fowler  (Read 3339 times)
Joshua_d
Administrator
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2010, 03:01:51 AM »

hey all need help with a fowler track tension

im trying to get a tensioner to retract but am stumped as from the photos it looks like a grease ram but i cant find a nipple i have a spare track assembly but cant find anything

ideas? :?:

My Children:
Cletrac 20C
Cletrac BDH
Cletrac AGH
Fowler VF MarkII
Fordson Power Major
Case 580C Mightmare
Joshua_d
Administrator
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 03:02:58 AM »

also

My Children:
Cletrac 20C
Cletrac BDH
Cletrac AGH
Fowler VF MarkII
Fordson Power Major
Case 580C Mightmare
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 09:00:42 AM »

Hi Joshua, Mate you got me stumped there Huh Our fowler VF has manual screw adjusters . I have 2 track marshall 55 s , that followed the VF/VFAs  ,Both with manual adjusters .The last of the55s had hydralic ones  .The grease nipple you are greaseing in the last photo does not have any thing to do with the track adjuster. What my trackmarshalls  have is  a lock nut  and adjusting nut ,the other has a round collar with holes in it ,that you put a bar in to turn it to adjust ..Can you put up a photo of just behind the idler? Ian .
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 09:09:06 AM »

Hi Josh , Have a look in our thread just below this one .You can see the adjusting collar with the holes in it just behind the front idler ..  .Ian . in the photo of our fowler
Joshua_d
Administrator
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 05:01:47 AM »

Hey ian! i do have the screw adjustment but i thought the cylinder might be a grease ram of some sort... now im curious as to the function of the tube?

My Children:
Cletrac 20C
Cletrac BDH
Cletrac AGH
Fowler VF MarkII
Fordson Power Major
Case 580C Mightmare
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 08:31:46 AM »

Hi Joshua ,  The tube has the recoil spring in it .No idea why fowler did it that way .If you look at my cat D6 photo ,You can see the recoil spring ,clearly . Do you have books for your fowler?  Are you going out to the old wheels in motion rally at biloela ,17th and 18th of july . Should be out there witjh our fowler and a TD9 if my son has his project back together  by then . . Ian .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: