Cletrac.org
November 27, 2014, 04:15:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 11/28/12 - Added a Calendar where members can post and view upcoming events, shows, etc.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Possibe Parts Source  (Read 1038 times)
Cplwill1
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2010, 05:21:51 PM »

Just wondering if anyone has found and dealt with this outfit before. I found them while I was surfing the web for parts. Turns out they are just 30 miles from where I live here in western NY. From there home page, click on used equipment and then click on the gallery link. The seem to have all kinds of makes and models, and quite a lot of Olivers and Cletracs.

http://www.crawlerheaven.com
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 06:30:44 PM »

It would be nice if they would advertise on this site. I'm sure it would return their $20 many times over!

I see they swiped the little Cletrac with the man driving from this site. It's ok - I really don't mind.

Blake

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
oliverchris
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 11:31:13 AM »

Hmmm, sorry if this is negative, but they never return calls, and did not show when I drove for three hours to meet them. John S. told me there were some health issues.
I had a walk about the place [near Rocheter, NY] and was not that impressed...not much if any indoor storage, stuff piled-up in big plastic tubs.
But in the past I had heard good things, so maybe the place will turn around?

1945 Orange HG42 with electric snowblade
1952 OC3-31 sidewalk plow
OC3-42 + Ware 3-WI (several)
OC3-42 Heller Universal Trencher
1957 Oliver Super 55 1958 Oliver 550 Gas & Diesel
1969 White 2-44 13LL (loader/backhoe)
1970s Oliver 1255 FWA
OC4 Series B Dozer + OC46 Series B Loaders
OC4 AlftaT
Gazer61
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 09:57:56 PM »

I have had similar experience. I needed a frame for my OC-3. I called many times. They answered the phone once. I got a chance to ask them about the frame and was told they will get back to be the next day. That never happened . I tried calling them and never got them to answer again. I gave up.

Dad
3/30/32 to 8/7/12
LoggerLee
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 11:42:00 PM »

Thanks for letting us know they are the type that don't get back to you.
Sounds like more aggravation than it's worth.

3DDH tractors,Allis Chalmers M crawler,T-20,BDH,2112 Simplicity and a GT30 Terratrac.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: