Cletrac.org
June 30, 2022, 02:49:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wishing you folks all a very Merry Christmas! From Blake Malkamaki and Cletrac.org.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: air filter  (Read 3344 times)
oliverjunkie
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2010, 10:40:55 PM »

Hey, Everybody
I'm just getting started on my OC3 restoration.  I was making a list of small items that need to be found, replaced, upgraded or fixed.  I'm looking at the oil-bath air filter set up and wondering if I should retain that or adapt a replaceable paper filter.
Rich
hotratz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 01:13:11 PM »

Personally I think you should retain the oil bath filter.

oliverjunkie
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 02:55:00 PM »

Steve,
Any reason other that maintaining originality?  I was missing the tube from the filter to the carb which got me thinking about upgrading.  I guess that's now moot since I went ahead and ordered one from Zimmerman.
hotratz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 04:20:36 PM »

The oil bath filter is a much better dust environment filter. A paper filter will plug pretty quickly. I see you're in Western Wa. so dust isn't really a problem is it? :x

Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 08:00:24 PM »

I like the oil baths, doesn't cost any money to replace for us cheapskates! They work very well for filtering also.

Certified Cletrac-tard
oliverjunkie
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 11:17:34 PM »

I might have to look at changing the way it mounts to make cleaning the air filter less of a chore.  Along a different line...I had popped the head off to check for a bad head gasket...found one.  Discovered the head was cracked...got another one.  Changed my mind about just getting it running again, so into the shop it went.  I'm going to spend the winter seeing how much trouble I can get into by starting the resto project.  You should have seen the look on my wife's face as I tied an old tire to the blade mount and strapped a 2x6 to the back bumper of my little Ford Ranger.  I couldn't get enough traction out of the pickup to push the OC3 up the slight incline to the garage.  Rats!  Fortunately, I had just enough 3/8 wire rope to latch onto the Oliver, run it through the garage, out the door on the opposite side, and down the hill across the yard.  I wrapped a chain around a big old alder stump and hooked my chainfall to it.  Whew!  Got that little dozer inside on some 3/4 plywood strips from some old concrete forms.  Let 'er rain!  (or snow)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: