Cletrac.org
August 18, 2019, 06:47:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks, Blake!  (Read 2749 times)
Jack in NB
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2010, 02:24:13 PM »

Hello Blake -

Just wanted to thank you for your dedication to the site. It takes a fair bit of work to keep something like this rolling, and to straighten out the odd snag like last week's, and you probably don't get the credit you deserve!

I for one appreciate it.

Merry Christmas!

Jack Wetmore

1952 OC 3 6WH994
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 10:58:50 PM »

Well thanks Jack! Appreciate that. Yes, it is sometimes a lot of work, especially when something goes wrong, but I enjoy providing a medium to help folks out. I also do it in dedication to my grandfather. I just wish I remembered half of what he taught me! Wink

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
Blake

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Bristlecone
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 05:05:42 PM »

I'll second that!  For those of us, who are new to Cletracs, this site is indispensible.  Keep up the good work.  The historical, and educational value of this site, cannot be overstated.  Thanks!  Derek.  Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!!
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 08:40:54 PM »

Here Here , Good on you blake .
Sadest part is the photos from  the earlier posts won't be able to be matched up again . WE current members can go back and repost , but members that have moved on leaving their little piece of forum history  wil be lost . Sad  Sad.
Maybe Blake can put them into an Extra  Album  on the forum  and some of the old hands with good memorys may be able to place them  back to the old  posts . I Don't know if it is possible  and have no idea if it is unrealistic  , Just a thought and suggestion . Ian .
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 08:57:20 PM »

I was able to save most of them, but the file names are different. I'll try to put them all into a folder and let you guys go through them. You can copy and paste them to your computer and then go back and modify (new word for edit) you old posts and put them back in. But please tell me after you do it so I can remove them from the folder so the are not taking up space on the server.

Blake

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 11:42:45 PM »

I edited and put all the "lost" files up at http://cletrac.org/lostpics/ - if you had posted pictures in your previous post that were "lost" when we moved to this new forum, please visit and spend some time at this page to see if your pictures are there. If they are, you can download them to your computer and then go in to your past post and click on "modify" and put the picture back in. Once you download your pictures, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT FILES YOU DOWNLOADED SO I CAN DELETE THEM FROM THE SERVER.

Thanks,
Blake
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 12:54:26 PM by Blake Malkamaki » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: