Cletrac.org
January 20, 2020, 01:25:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Military HG or OC3?  (Read 1436 times)
da-choppa
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2010, 01:53:07 PM »

(Posted this on another forum, so please be pateint if you have seen this before)

I am now certain that the military, be it the Army, Air force or whatever branch, purchased and used HG /OC crawlers.

In fact, I have been in contact with one individual who sold the remains of a late 40's dated HG crawler many years ago that had an Air force Data tag on the chassis.

YES....he had an OLIVER...and it was military... it was NOT a clark Airborne...

He had an HG 42 to be exact. He sold it years ago, had the actual tractor in his possesion.

But, now that its gone, he cant find the photos he had of it.

According to him, it wasnt a U.S Army or Corp of Engineers data tag.

His exact words were:

"it is a HG-42 Cletrac serial number 28GA 308, Crismon's book shows a picture of one with full fenders,this one only had the small fenders, there is a large piece of plate attached to the frame that states it was "Developed by USAF FWS Nellis AFB MFG. By Randolph AFB"

so, he gives the serial number (an HG crawler, and NOT a Clark)

28GA 308 serial number puts it in the 1947 date range for HG42 crawlers

I have conversed with at least two other  individuals who have owned in the past military versions of the HG/OC3.
I know of another HG/OC owner who knows of a collector with one as well, but unfortuantly, that collector has not contacted me back to discuss details.

all this is great.. BUT  What I need is HARD evidence. that is an actual tag, or close up photos from someone. details of special equipment, light gaurds, taillights etc. I have seen the Cletrac crawler book by P.A. Letourneau with the single photo of a ww2 dated HG with the military tailights. good start, but I want to see more!

Any help or leads in the form of pictures, of the actual machine in operation, or the tag itself, actual tags, military manuals, etc would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 06:48:18 PM by da-choppa » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: