Cletrac.org
August 10, 2022, 09:03:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wishing you folks all a very Merry Christmas! From Blake Malkamaki and Cletrac.org.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: looking for a set of flat topped fenders...  (Read 2920 times)
da-choppa
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2010, 02:49:44 PM »

like the ones as seen on, say, a Cat 10 for instance.

wish to add a set similair to this style to my Oliver HG42. (see attached pic)

If I cant find, I suppose I can custom make, but would prefer to find something I can retro-fit to work

decent shape, not perfect, is prefered.

what cha got?
hotratz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 09:32:31 PM »

Hey I like the looks of those. I'd be inclined to make my own as I don't think those are very common. You might try posting in the classifieds.

oliverjunkie
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 09:58:14 PM »

Do you have any closeup views of these fenders?  I've been thinking I'd like to make some that are larger than those on my OC3-42.  I think I'd also like a horizontal surface to rest my feet on instead of the front fender supports.  My fenders are pretty crumpled and are in need of replacement, anyway.
da-choppa
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 11:56:23 AM »

sorry, thats about All I have.. look at any Caterpillar 10 photos. or look at other crawleres.

For instance, look around this site... has many photos, some of the Cat 2 ton, some HOLT's, some have fenders....ere is

http://www.2tontractor.net/photos/photos03

here is a link to another cat site:

http://www.antiquecaterpillar.org/

thinking about it, I suppose if I can modify, weld, machine, etc I shouldnt even be asking to buy a set of fenders, but go aheand and make myself!  Geeezz.. whats wrong with me   Smiley

BTW.. the reason I want to install a set of flat tops is for a location for my battery and newly custom made battery box.

Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 02:06:34 PM »

Most of the larger streamlined Cletracs have flat fenders.

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Bristlecone
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 03:55:02 PM »

Dave, I like the look of the flat-topped fenders as well.  I've even considered fabricating some out of diamond plate steel, but I've gotten away from that because it makes the machine look a little too industrial, in my opinion.  Shouldn't be that difficult to make your own, and if you have access to a small bending brake, or some sort of fab. machine all the better.  They'll probably need to be of a heavy enough gauge to make them sturdy, and that might be the only roadblock for home fabbing.  Find the steel, and I would think that any fabrication shop could put the bend in.  Shouldn't be that expensive!??  Good luck, Derek.
Jethrow
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 12:58:55 AM »

Have you looked on eBay?

There are a pair of Oliver OC3 Dozer Fenders up for sale.  They look a little rough but might be easier than starting from scratch.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Oliver-OC3-Dozer-Fenders-Left-and-Right-/200560732195?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb259e823

Jethrow

1955 Oliver OC3-42 Ware 3Wi Loader and Aux Trans
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: