Cletrac.org
June 19, 2019, 03:57:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP...removing stuck final drive gear from housing (HG/OC3)  (Read 1057 times)
chrisvdv
« on: March 14, 2011, 03:34:55 PM »

I have never had any trouble removing one before - usually a slight bit of leverage with a bar and piece of wood to lever against - but this one is stuck stuck stuck! Can anyone show me or explain to me the best pulling technique for removing the final drive gear from a housing. Put it this way, I sheared one hub stud right off  Embarrassed
I had the hub nuts screwed onto it and used a puller claws pulling against those nuts vs. the end of the track shaft. After shearing one stud off decided you experienced guys would know better.
Please HELP me before I just saw the gear in two (the gear is bad but I want to use the hub and housing)  Angry
hotratz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 07:23:12 PM »

Well, if you have the trunnion nut and the trunnion removed the only thing hanging you up is the inner race for the bearing. You might try running a bead of weld about 1/3 of the way around the race (protect the spindle) this will enlarge the inside diameter and should release it.

chrisvdv
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 09:25:56 AM »

I felt like one of those gunfight surgeons in the Wild West, pulling those bearing slugs out one by one with long nose pliers in order to get the final drive gear out.THEN I could get the inner race out easy!
Here's the mess I was left with!
hotratz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 01:26:14 PM »

Oh Boy! Somebody didn't know when to quit.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: