Cletrac.org
August 18, 2019, 07:12:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wishing you folks all a very Merry Christmas! From Blake Malkamaki and Cletrac.org.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cletrac HG-42 Serial Number 8GA504  (Read 3054 times)
wydiver
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2011, 02:03:32 AM »

New here and have a new project...I've been reading all the posts and still have some questions on this. Please look at the picture and give you thoughts. some questions I have are: this engine has a distributer not mag is that right? IT also looks like it has a waterpump?
Do you think this is the correct engine for 1942? This is the only picture so far. More pictures and questions later. Thanks for all the help.
Bryon

Bryon Bandemer
John Schwiebert
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 04:36:38 PM »

Look on the block behind the distributor. The engine serial number and model should be stamped there on a flat area toward the top of the block. It looks to me like you have a Hercules 5 gear engine which was not used by Cletrac at all. The mag ( no distributor) should be on the otherside and the water pump in a normal place on the block. Post the engine model and serial number

John Schwiebert
wydiver
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 03:01:00 AM »

Thanks for replying and looking.
I figured something was up. I am offshore right now but will look at the engine numbers when I get in. Looks like it would still work. I think trying to find a IXK-3 would be difficult and costly.
Thanks again
Bryon

Bryon Bandemer
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 04:46:42 PM »

If I recall correctly, our Leader tractor - which had an IXB-5 engine - had the starter on the opposite side. And I don't think it had a water pump.

Blake

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
wydiver
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 02:22:44 PM »

Ok, finally in from offshore, I looked at it and it says IXB-5. so what do you think? Its not stuck but who knows.
Thanks
Bryon

Bryon Bandemer
hotratz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 01:39:14 PM »

From what I understand the IXB-5 is pretty close to the IXB-3. It was used in marine applications as well as other industrial applications and was more flexable as to it's application and auxiliary component set-up.

wydiver
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 02:30:47 PM »

Thanks for the help!!!! I haven't decided what I am going to do with it yet. I believe the gentleman before me reconditioned the tracks and rollers. Just have alot on my plate right now.
Thanks
Bryon

Bryon Bandemer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: