Cletrac.org
October 18, 2018, 03:53:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Troubleshoot hydraulic pump flow  (Read 7066 times)
Tim Ling
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 07:27:13 AM »

Hey, 440, Now that is some innovative engineering. Sometimes we just have to come up with a solution to a problem, It don't have to be pretty, just get the job done. Nomally when I'm working in the garage at home, I'm all by myself, so I have had to come up with some creative ideas to get the task done.
Crazy Matt
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 09:29:55 PM »

Yep ur right its greasy !  Steam cleaning would be a good idea lol

hg 42 unknown year - soon to become a CAT Cheesy
440roadrunner
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 05:33:44 PM »

Well today  I'm not sure if I really made progress, or not.

I pulled off the suction hose and inspected it, looked OK,   removed the filter,  then went to the hardware store and bought a screen door spring.  My intention was to use the spring inside the suction hose for an "anticollapse"  device

Everything was "great"  until I tried to stretch it.   Had one end in the vise,  the other end in vise grips.   THE END CAME OFF THE SPRING   and whacked me in the back of my left hand.  Cut me up pretty good.  It will be sore for a day.

Anyhow,  it is now FASTER,  alright,  but not nearly  what I expected.   I'm wondering if the replacement valve---a cheapo-- is causing a restriction.     I should have timed it   before/ after.    While improved,  it probably still takes over two seconds to get the blade up enough to be really off the ground,  and SEVERAL  seconds to get up substantially,   over a foot, say.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 08:26:55 PM by 440roadrunner » Logged

You cannot break it if it's broken,  but....
You can fix it so it cannot be fixed!!
hotratz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 10:57:40 AM »

YOUCH!

John Schwiebert
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2011, 11:20:04 AM »

O. K. What is the inside diameter of your hydraulic cylinder? What is the length of stroke? Set the engine RPM so  you can retunrn to that exact RPM and I also need to know what the RPM is. Measure the time it takes to raise the blade or in other words the length of time to extend the cylinder. Get me those measurements. Also do you have a pressure gauge/ If so have you checked the pressure on the system. Also remember the rated GPM of a hydraulic pump and the actual GPM is not the same. Rule of thumb is actual GPM is 80-85% of rated pump flow. More questions?

John Schwiebert
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: