Cletrac.org
August 04, 2020, 05:40:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wishing you folks all a very Merry Christmas! From Blake Malkamaki and Cletrac.org.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: History of Cletrac military vehicles  (Read 14248 times)
David Pope
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2011, 03:40:09 PM »

next pic
David Pope
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2011, 03:42:49 PM »

I think this is the last of them.
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2011, 08:55:55 PM »

Here's some more that aren't in the MG1 family.

That one looks like it's a lot older than an MG-1. If you look at the shape of the fuel tank, it corresponds to an earlier model Cletrac tractor - probably more mid 20s to mid 30s.

There are several errors in the author's descriptions of these different Cletracs. Just be aware and don't take what he says as absolute truth.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 09:06:02 PM by Blake Malkamaki » Logged

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Ol Paint
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2011, 12:05:03 PM »

Interesting montage.  Looks like most of the photos & captions come from Crimson's books? 

Douglas
da-choppa
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2011, 07:47:45 AM »

David, enjoyed this article on the military cletracs.

I am particullarly interested in any other photos or information on the HG42 military version.

the picture you posted was one I hadnt seen. I did, however, see a different angle of the same tractor, from the left rear looking forward, showing the pintle hook, rear tailights, etc.

Unfortuantly, I no longer have the book that this photo was in.

Do you, by chance, have a copy of the book " Cletrac and Oliver Crawlers" by P.A. Letourneau?

if so, is it possible to scan this photo / caption and post on the forum?

I think its got a mistaken identity under its caption calling it a OC3..

Thanks! Any other info/photos you or others here  have on the HG/OC in military configuration would be higly appreciated!

I can be contacted off line if you wish:

wc57doggieboy@yahoo.com

thanks!
GreyFergy101
phpBB Junior Operator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2014, 01:40:38 AM »

G'day,
I know this thread is a few years old. Are the photos no longer accessible, as my computer doesn't seem to think there are any photos there to view, Cheers.  Thanks for posting, I was hoping to get a peek at the military HG42 picture included, oh well...  Grin

Vintage Tractor, vehicle and engine restorer
Current machines:
1948 Farmall Super A
1950 Farmall Super A
1952 Ferguson TEA20 Banana Loader
Various stationary engines.
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2014, 09:35:03 PM »

David Pope has not been on our site for a long time, and no one seems to know where he went. His pictures were really nice, so I'm sad that they are no longer viewable. Not sure if they were uploaded to the forum or set to view remotely.

Blake

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: