Cletrac.org
April 04, 2020, 01:05:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 11/28/12 - Added a Calendar where members can post and view upcoming events, shows, etc.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BDH on Craigslist (seattle)  (Read 5913 times)
LoggerLee
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2011, 12:21:28 PM »

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/grd/2169909038.html

Its a BDH
He says the tracks are in "good" shape,the injectors are missing (not there),the oil pan has been removed at some point in the past,not sure why.

$215 a ton is more than I want to spend on something like that,heck,I don't have a real idea what injectors even cost,but I imagine they ain't cheap,might be different if I needed parts,but those are the wrong parts.

3DDH tractors,Allis Chalmers M crawler,T-20,BDH,2112 Simplicity and a GT30 Terratrac.
440roadrunner
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 04:36:54 PM »

I had to look up where Acme even WAS.   He spammed clear over here to Spokane.  No,  I'm not haulin' it home

You cannot break it if it's broken,  but....
You can fix it so it cannot be fixed!!
hotratz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 07:53:53 PM »

Would have been nice if he would have uploaded a picture at least  Roll Eyes

Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 12:30:58 AM »

Injectors aren't too bad. I bought them for my FDE for around $50 each, NOS. Other than the hauling, it'd be worth it. Always could scrap it and get your money back out of it.

Bob

Certified Cletrac-tard
LoggerLee
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 12:51:32 PM »

I may go save it,just cause it's not too hacked up,sure would be better if one of you guys needed it....the wife will not be pleased.

3DDH tractors,Allis Chalmers M crawler,T-20,BDH,2112 Simplicity and a GT30 Terratrac.
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 06:40:59 PM »

I may go save it,just cause it's not too hacked up,sure would be better if one of you guys needed it....the wife will not be pleased.

You can tell your wife that we approve of your purchase. I'm sure that will make her feel much better!

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
LoggerLee
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 07:10:54 PM »

I'll let her know Blake,though I'm not sure it's going to keep the stones out of the fire,for a little more there's DDH closer,so I'm torn.
That and a RD4 for $500...life's full of tough choices.
May go get the D4 and scrap it,then buy both the Cletracs Smiley

Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 10:54:32 PM »

I'm not a Cat guy, but I still don't like to hear 'tractor' and 'scrap' used in the same sentence...unless it has "save" in there somewhere!  Cheesy

I think I could come up with an oil pan and maybe some injectors...

Bob

Oh and I do like Blake's theory! Grin

Certified Cletrac-tard
LoggerLee
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 02:51:38 PM »

How bout' this then
"I may buy the RD4 and it may have to be sacrificed to save two Cletracs"

Could turn out the D4 is in too good a shape to scrap,you never know....then what will I do,having spent money on it,then not having enough to buy the others...oh!

Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 11:19:35 PM »

Awe heck you can just sell the old cat to a new owner and maybe make a buck. A little internet advertising and some cat guru would grab it up in no time.

Then more cabbage to buy 2 cletracs!

Certified Cletrac-tard
LoggerLee
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 12:06:25 AM »

Do any of you guys have injector lines for a BDH? if i can find those then I'll try to pick that thing up,Cletracs aren't that common over here,though there are more than I'd thought...

Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 10:03:58 PM »

I have a set of injectors and other various parts. I think I'd let them go as long as I got a fair price out of them.

Bob

Certified Cletrac-tard
LoggerLee
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 09:54:48 PM »

How much you guys think it would have to weigh?
I'm thinking about trying to bring it home on my auto trailer,I've never seen on in person out where I could get close.
My 8500lb Dodge dually rides on it fine,but I'm not 100% on what this thing weighs.
I have a 20k trailer I can haul it on,but if I put that on the Dodge then I'll be right up to 15k on my 15k superhitch...

Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 12:14:52 AM »

If it doesn't have a blade, probably around 9000. With blade be 11000+ I'd guess. If it wasn't too far I'd do it, well, I might do it anyway, just go easy.

Bob

Certified Cletrac-tard
dadjon
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2011, 05:33:16 PM »

Just wanted to say, we hauled our BD home with a dodge 2500 2 wheel drive pickup and a 10,000 lb. trailer. Really didn't have any trouble.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: