Cletrac.org
August 14, 2018, 04:12:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 11/28/12 - Added a Calendar where members can post and view upcoming events, shows, etc.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hi back seat on a HG?  (Read 1253 times)
da-choppa
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2011, 08:21:38 PM »

I seen a few pics of a hi-back style seat, with NO arm rests, on a HG.

Anyone got one on theirs? Was it optional equipment or a aftermarket add on later?

Does it attach to the standard seat frame springs of completly differnet mount?

I think the standard seat on mine isnt the most comfy I ever sat on so am exploring purchasing one of these hi-back frames if they were stock parts

anyone got one for sale?
Paul Bianchi
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 01:45:09 PM »

I have an old HG that has a high back upholstered seat and it attaches with a center bolt just like the pan seat.  Oliver listed an upholstered type seat listed in the part book under special equipment.  If you can't find one it looks easy enough to fabricate.  It has a bottom outside box frame made of light angle iron with one bottom center support drilled to attach to the seat spring.  The back rest frame is a "u" shaped frame made from 1/2" round stock that attaches to the angle iron. The back also has a center support that attaches to angle iron base and round stock backrest frame.

Paul Bianchi
MSgt USMC Ret.
AMERICAN BY BIRTH, MARINE BY CHOICE
chrisvdv
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 05:21:36 PM »

Like this - quite a few of the 31 gauge sidewalk plows had them. Long hours in cold weather - better than the metal bucket!
Tim Ling
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 07:34:50 AM »

Some seats used on various lawn and garden equipment mount with one 1/2-13 bolt. My MTD tractor has this type of seat. Check anyone that sells parts for Tractors or Industrial Lift Trucks. The NAPA Lawn and Garden Equipment Catalog has some different seats available. I think our local Tractor Supply has some seats in stock.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: