Cletrac.org
July 19, 2019, 05:40:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Model BD Questions  (Read 1060 times)
bgblk72
phpBB Apprentice

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2011, 06:21:13 AM »

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and new to crawlers in general. I am currently in the process of buying a Cletrac model BD serial number 13D524. I am looking for any advise I can get. The owner said he was using it several years ago, when he lost oil pressure. Instead of stopping and finding out why, he kept using it and locked the engine up. The muffler has broken off leaving the exhaust open to snow and rain. I am worried that the combination of the initial damage and possible water in the engine that is not rebuildable. Are there any other diesel engines from other Oliver tractors that will work to replace it? Also, does anyone know how much it weighs so I can pay the owner what he would get for scrap. Thanks in advance! I can post a couple photos if anyone would like.

Kevin
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 10:43:29 AM »

A Plain BD will weigh about 4 tons. With a blade it would weigh around 5.5 tons, and a winch would put it a little over 6 tons. Scrap price around here is $325 per ton prepared, and you would probably get $200 per ton for that whole. Not sure of your scrap prices where you are at...

That will be a model DJXC in that BD, and the only other Oliver that used that engine was the OC12. You could also switch it to a gas burner, which would be a model JXC or JXD Hercules. They are pretty common engines. The only things you will need to do the change from diesel to gas would be a gas flywheel, adapter plate, front engine mount, and possibly oil pan.

And sure we love photos here!

Bob

Certified Cletrac-tard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: