Cletrac.org
September 26, 2022, 03:46:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my "custom" project... coming together. added PIC  (Read 3821 times)
da-choppa
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2011, 01:46:32 PM »

I have been working on my HG-42 to look more "military" in appearance. a "recreation" of sort so to speak.

I replaced the old tractor type seat for a "delux" version that looks just like the type used on the HG prototype that was built in 1944.
This "delux" seat fits the look better all around. With canvas covering it looks pretty "authentic"

Built myslef a set of stout flat top fenders. Took a long time and a lot of work welding, cutting and grinding, but I think they came out pretty decent..

Added the military battery box I had.  Found a great place for the repop data tag I had custom designed..Put it right where the old style seat spring was.. Still need to make some rear light brackets for the BO lights. And score some front period looking headlights and build a brushguard. and one more rear bracket to mount the pintle hook to.  Still need to locate the ammo boxes for use as storage (chains and such) . And need to paint the chrome one wire alternator. Just dont look right with all that Olive Drab!

This is a FUN project to work on..  almost done..

« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 06:12:10 AM by da-choppa » Logged
hotratz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 04:27:54 PM »

That is awesome! Were did the grill come from?

countryguy828
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 07:51:44 PM »

NICE, hope I can create something of that quality someday

Dave

1941 Cletrac HG
1936 Cletrac E
1949 Allis-Chalmers B
1952 Allis-Chalmers CA
da-choppa
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 12:33:53 PM »

grill and hood are from an Avery tractor. Or so the previuos owner told me
MADJACK
phpBB Operator

Metal working, gunsmithing, and mechanical stuff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 02:51:24 PM »

That is sweet! I was going to paint mine OD, but You really raised the bar and gave me some ideas Roll Eyes.

I just picked mine up last friday, it's an HG42, I'll post some pics and introduce myself properly when I get a chance...
da-choppa
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 03:27:48 PM »

well, since these photos were posted, I made even more changes.

I CAD designed and had fabed up at a local sheet metal supplier, two long tool boxes, similar to the Clark WW2 airborne "sandboxes" mounted on the fenders. EXCEPT.. they are closed on the top to secure my oil gun, variuos tool , chains, gloves etc.

I also have a complete OC3 grill guard, to which I have fabed up light guards to protect the bucket lights on each side.

Very militay in appearance now...

I need to get some photos of it in its current state and post for you

send me a PM to wc57doggieboy@yahoo.com and Ill pass them along.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: