Cletrac.org
July 05, 2022, 07:19:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a green hi temp exhaust manifold paint for my H  (Read 4123 times)
AG-6Hguy
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2011, 11:31:27 AM »

I'm looking for a high temperature green paint to use on my exhaust manifold. I don't want to porcelainize.
It needs to be a gloss paint that will closely match the Hart Parr green-( Martin Senour 53-8753 ) which is darker than John Deere green.
I've looked everywhere.    Any body out there know of paint that will work ??

Thanks..

AG6Hguy
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 11:38:01 AM »

I don't think there is any paint that will really hold up for long on an exhaust manifold of a gasoline engine - maybe a diesel as they run cooler. It would probably stay on the intake runners of the manifold. The aluminum hi temp paint may hold up for a while. If you find a green hi temp paint it will probably darken right away before it turns black and then burns off completely.

Blake

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 09:45:22 PM »

I would have to agree with Blake on this one. I've painted mufflers and elbows, that are quite a ways away from the manifold on my semi trucks before, and it has burnt off in no time at all. It says it will take 1100 or so degrees of heat, and according to the pyrometer I never let it get over 900 and it still comes off...

I'm thinking I did see a green hi-temp at value, I think rust-oleum, but can't say for sure. It may hold up to the heat from your exhaust, as long as you don't intend on running it long periods, or working it.

Best of luck, and if you find something that works let us know please.

Bob

Certified Cletrac-tard
AG-6Hguy
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 09:52:28 AM »

Thanks guys. I'm still looking and will let you know if I find something.

AG6Hguy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: