Cletrac.org
June 18, 2019, 11:49:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HPOCC  (Read 2467 times)
cletracboy
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile WWW
« on: July 09, 2002, 11:58:41 AM »

Reading the letters section in the HPOCC magazine made me think that many of you who help people on this forum, who have helped me on numerous occasions may be able to help the HPOCC magazine.  In reply to one letter Sherry says she is trying to get more articles about Cletrac's in, on another she tells a reader she never turns down any articles which are of a relevant subject matter.  Perhaps some of you who have encyclopedic knowledge of Cletrac crawlers could write an article and send it to them, I for one would very much like to read more about cletracs as there is not much published on them. Sam Parrott
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by cletracboy » Logged

I live in England, got interested in Cletrac's when I brought an Oliver BD in 2001, I now have an Oliver BD a Cletrac BDH and another BDH for parts and have just brought a 1919 model H. I also have a british built Track Marshall 90.  Always keen to hear from fellow collectors.
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2002, 03:20:28 PM »

It would be great to help out Sherry with her comendable endeavors.

I do see a need however, for a Cletrac/Oliver crawler only magazine and club. Cletrac and Oliver crawlers have almost nothing in common with Oliver wheel tractors, Hart Parr, or anyone else in the Oliver Corporation family. The only ties is that the Cleveland company was owned by Oliver Corp in it's later days. All the tractors were made in the same Cleveland plant, other than a limited few OC-4s and OC-9s that were put together in Charles City, Iowa.

Blake
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Blake » Logged

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
cletracboy
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2002, 04:45:08 PM »

I agree it would be great if there was a club and magazine devoted to tractors built at the Cleveland plant and perhaps the few Oliver crawlers built later. Judging by the amount of us who use this website (and were just the one's who use the web and have found this site) there are a lot of people interested out there.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by cletracboy » Logged

I live in England, got interested in Cletrac's when I brought an Oliver BD in 2001, I now have an Oliver BD a Cletrac BDH and another BDH for parts and have just brought a 1919 model H. I also have a british built Track Marshall 90.  Always keen to hear from fellow collectors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: