Cletrac.org
August 10, 2022, 09:06:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wishing you folks all a very Merry Christmas! From Blake Malkamaki and Cletrac.org.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I be looking... for a small DOZER BLADE...ONLY  (Read 2165 times)
da-choppa
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2011, 05:26:38 PM »

now you would think that a smallish sized dozer blade would be pretty easy to find....not so...
looking for ideas and a source for a small dozer blade. Ideally, 5 feet wide at most, 2 feet tall at most, and NOT too heavy!

My attempt at using a simple drag type 3pt blade on my HG42 is working, but I want a little more "umph" with a more stoutley built blade.

ANyone got one they wanna get rid of? No need for mounts, hoses, pumps ,etc.. I am all set there.  Just looking for blade, a better, stout blade to fit onto my custom made lift mechanism.

Like I said, any simple, light to medium weight blade will do.. must be 5 ft or so..too small wont work, and I am trying to keep the size and weight down... my tracks are 52" wide. Needs to be at least a little wider than that to work right for me.

anyone? I am in the Dallas, TX area. Closest would be great so I can go get it, but if reasonable shipping or other deleivery is possible, Ill consider anywhere.

wc57doggieboy@yahoo.comdachoppa

Jack in NB
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 08:40:09 PM »

Have you considered making one?

I built one for my first OC3. In fact, built the whole shebang from scratch.

Found a section of a boiler with 1/4" plate and a comfortable radius, 6 1/2 ft long and about 15" wide for the blade.

Welded both edges of a piece of 2 x 2 x 1/4 angle to the bottom back for reinforcing. A section of used grader blade was bolted on as a cutting edge, later welded as the bolts wore off.

Another piece of angle 2 x 2 x 3/16 welded as an L on the top edge of the boiler plate. As well as reenforcing and a hand-hold for wrestling the blade around when disconnected, it gave a lip for hooking on chains for tiedowns on the trailer.

I cut 4 pieces of 1/4" plate to fit the back of the curve for reenforcing. 2 for end plates, 2 more nearer middle to hold 2 more pieces of angle for a mounting socket. 2 1" rods about a foot long with loops welded on top for pins to hold the blade onto the mounting plate on the main push arms extending forward from inside the tracks.

And a spacer block to put in one side or the other to angle the plade for snow plowing.

This blade was 6 1/2 foot long, weighed probably 150 pounds, and stood up to all kinds of abuse. It was still straight when I sold the tractor 20 some years later.

1952 OC 3 6WH994
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: