Cletrac.org
August 04, 2020, 06:14:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Pike show August 12, 13, 14, 2011  (Read 3471 times)
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2011, 08:04:38 PM »

I'm takng my FDE and a friend is taking his TD24 to the National Pike show in Brownsville in a couple weeks. It is a very nice show with working demonstrations all wekend. Hope to see you there!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 11:46:53 AM by Blake Malkamaki » Logged

Certified Cletrac-tard
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 10:56:30 PM »

What all are they featuring Bob? I know they're featuring Gravely, but anything else? I'm thinking of going at least one day.

Blake

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
dadjon
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 06:58:23 AM »

Check out the web site, nationalpike.com. We are taking our BD and our Gravely 8123. Can't wait to see the FDE in action .
John.
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 12:41:06 PM »

I had a great time at the National Pike show on Saturday. Between Bob's FDE, the other Cletracs and construction equipment, and the featured Gravelys, there was much to see. I saw a lot of old friends and met some new ones too. I hope all who attended had a great time.

Blake

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
John D
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 06:39:45 AM »

I decided to go to the National Pike show at the last minute - I took a buddy's Gravely to sell, and a bunch of Gravely parts.  Sorry I missed you guys -  Blake, Bob and Dadjon.

I attended because it was the Gravely Tractor Club's annual Mow-In, held in conjunction with the National Pike Steam show, and had a great time. 

I obviously didn't do my homework, or I would have realized the show was way more than Gravely's and would have been in touch with you guys about meeting up there.  As soon as I drove in the gate, it dawned on me - and I did look around to see if I could recognize Blake.   In retrospect, I did see Bob's FDE in action on top of the dirt pile! 

Doh!

John D
If you want to do what you want to do, you have to do what you have to do.
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 07:12:46 PM »

I coulda brought some A fenders for you John...

Bob

Certified Cletrac-tard
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 07:13:54 PM »

I did find a nice big soft spot on top of the pile up there...Had to have another tractor come give me a pull... Cry

Certified Cletrac-tard
John D
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 08:39:46 AM »

I coulda brought some A fenders for you John...

Bob
Yeah, When Blake told me you were there too, I knew I had missed a great opportunity...  We'll make it happen another time.

Meanwhile, I've got some work to do - the '45 AG-6 was out in the woods doing some trail work with me a couple of weeks ago, and one track came off the rear sprocket.  It happened once before, and I was able to do a field repair, but this time is being a bit more of a challenge.  Not on level ground, and not a lot of room to work in.  I have got to break loose the adjusting nuts - both tracks are way too loose

John D
If you want to do what you want to do, you have to do what you have to do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: