Cletrac.org
June 26, 2022, 01:20:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wishing you folks all a very Merry Christmas! From Blake Malkamaki and Cletrac.org.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets Talk Paint  (Read 6888 times)
countryguy828
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2011, 07:53:44 PM »

OK we have all seen the codes posted here and there of du pont and martin senour...

What paint are you guys actually using at the end of the day?

I look at my '36 E and it looks yellow to me, I thought maybe Valspar Transport Yellow from TSC would work well for it???

What about HG's? alot of them around, mine is an early orange one. What paint would be good for that model? Would Case orange from TSC be close? I am gonna guess the AC orange is too dark? I use Kubota orange from TSC on my Allis tractors(B/CA) cause it is closer than the AC orange TSC has.

That being said...I use a bunch of hardener, paint outside with a respirator, my tractors only see the light of day a few times a year so they dont fade much.

Dave

1941 Cletrac HG
1936 Cletrac E
1949 Allis-Chalmers B
1952 Allis-Chalmers CA
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 10:00:11 PM »

There have been several paint threads in the past that you can search through. One recent one is here http://cletrac.org/forum2010/index.php?topic=321.0 - here you can read my opinion on finding the "true" Cletrac Orange, which may not even exist. "Safety Orange" may be an economic choice as it is really close to several versions of Cletrac Orange.

Blake

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
countryguy828
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 12:26:31 AM »

I thought about this a bit...

Let me dumb down my questions a step...

Is a 36 Styled E supposed to be orange or yellow? My E radiator looks orange but everything else looks to be school bus yellow to me. Perhaps my radiator is from a newer model?

As far as the HG goes, am I correct in assuming it should be orange? My serial tag is missing but I have reviewed HG updates document and beleive it to be between 1943 and 1944. It has the IXK motor and the smaller 1 1/8 PTO shaft and 10 studs on the sprockets.

Personally I like the shade of Chris's HG with electric snowblade which reminds me of a CASE orange.

Dave

1941 Cletrac HG
1936 Cletrac E
1949 Allis-Chalmers B
1952 Allis-Chalmers CA
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 05:12:32 PM »

The 1936 E should be orange. I think this is true of both the streamlined and unstreamlined Es made in 1936. I think 1935 and earlier Es would be the 2-tone brown.

Blake

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
mikeinnh
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 06:01:40 PM »

what were the two tones of a 35 unstlyed E? havent seen this color scheme, maybe just looking in the wrong places. my E is yellow, but its got soo much paint on it, who knows what it was originally..
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 07:00:17 PM »

Sherry used to have all the paint codes up when she used the site oliverinformation.com, but now it is no longer there. I looked at her Oliver Heritage site, but could not find the paint codes. Even the link to this site is gone now.

If anyone finds a good site with all the Cletrac paint codes please let me know and I will link to it. Or, if we can find a source for the codes, I will make a page. Perhaps Zimmermans can help us on this?

Blake

440roadrunner
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 12:47:36 AM »

Blake, I found this page at Sherwin-Williams,  who I believe is the parent to both Martin-Senior  and Acme.  I don't know where to go from here,  or how to justify this with the factory code no's

Maybe you guys could contact them

http://sw.formulaexpress.com/SearchResults/FleetSearchFormulaResultsPage.aspx?FleetCode=7902&SearchType=1

You cannot break it if it's broken,  but....
You can fix it so it cannot be fixed!!
logdog1200
phpBB Junior Operator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 08:10:29 PM »

Do the machines have paint codes on them or on the tags?  I am new to these wonder machines and am looking for any info I can get. I just don't know what I need yet.
  I am just working into a nice little BDH and I am going to have to do some fancy talking to keep the guy from scrapping it.

Logdog
hotratz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 08:19:01 AM »

No paint codes on the data plates

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: