Cletrac.org
May 24, 2020, 09:03:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wishing you folks all a very Merry Christmas! From Blake Malkamaki and Cletrac.org.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cletrac MG/WXLC3 Spark Plugs?  (Read 9824 times)
Matt Rimmer
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 06:26:28 AM »

Hi Matt,
I just read that you started your Cletrac in gear because the clutch was stuck. I recommend not to do that again, I did it once and bent the teeth of the starter motor sprocket. The Cletrac is too heavy for that. When the teeth are bent, you notice it by an irregular noise in the starter motor when starting the engine. I had to have a new sprocket made.
Jean.

Thanks Jean,I don't intend to start it in gear again,we had hoped the clutch would free off but obviously that is not going to happen. I need to get a maintenance manual and then take the top off the transmission and see what is going on.

I have had the fuel pump rebuilt so that is now much better,I need to sort out getting replacement air cleaner hoses,I have the metal part but the rubber sections are gone. I also need to source a NOS/rebuilt water pump or have this one rebuilt.

Can anyone suggest a source for a water pump and a reprint maintenance manual and a parts book?

Thanks,

Matt.

1944 Cletrac M2 project ongoing.
Ol Paint
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 02:42:08 PM »

Have you tried Zimmerman's for the pump?  I think he's also got the manuals.  There's information posted here for sourcing manuals.

Douglas
14JA062
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2011, 04:32:59 PM »

Hi Matt,
I bought a maintenance manual (copy) from Landis Zimmerman about 2 months ago, and a nos water pump from Jerry Biro when I rebuilt my engine. This was in the summer of 2000. Try both, everybody working on a MG-1 should have that manual.
All the best, Jean.
Matt Rimmer
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2011, 04:39:44 AM »

Hi Jean,

Thanks for that. I should have updated the thread but have been busy! I now have a full set of (reproduction)manuals for the MG,and I think I'll be buying a NOS water pump from Jerry Biro as the guy who is supposed to be rebuilding mine has let me down.

Hopefully by the spring I will have my Cletrac running and moving properly.

All the best,

Matt.

1944 Cletrac M2 project ongoing.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: