Cletrac.org
May 24, 2020, 08:07:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: M2 Shop Manual  (Read 4627 times)
Matt Rimmer
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2011, 11:34:40 AM »

Hi,
I have been trying to get a workshop manual for my M2 before doing any work on the clutch but so far have drawn a blank,I have the operators instruction book and have just ordered the parts book from Portrayal Press but if anyone can point me in the direstion of a workshop manual I would be very grateful,or if anyone can scan the section dealing with the clutch that would be a huge help!.

Thanks,

Matt.

1944 Cletrac M2 project ongoing.
Jim Baker
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 11:58:12 AM »

Matt, I have a Maintenance Manual for Cletrac Model MG1 , and Ordnance Model Medium M2 - (United States War Department) which I got from  Landis Zimmerman (olivercletrac.com), to the tune of $51 including shipping.  My reason for getting is was to glean as many photos as possible that would help me build a scale model.  I have done that (although I am WAY behind in making the model).  It did not take any ink off of the pages!  So if you would like to have it for, say $30 plus postage, send me a note.  I think it weighs about a pound, but don't know where you are, so will have to figure out the postage.

Jim

MG 2 Paper Model
Matt Rimmer
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 05:52:02 AM »

Hi Jim,

Many thanks for your reply and kind offer. I managed to source the reprint manuals from a guy in Belgium via another UK Cletrac owner(thanks Paul!).

Matt.

wanderingwillys
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 10:08:14 PM »

I have a repo shop manual - what about the clutch are you looking to find out? It'll be tomorrow but I can scan in the pages... Let me know what you're after...

Matt

1940 M2 AG     S/N 1X2072
1942 M2 MG-1 S/N 4JA836
1943 M2 MG-1 S/N 9JA422
wanderingwillys
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 07:53:56 PM »

If anyone else needs the section I have it as a PDF file - just under 1 MB so it's to bit to post up here but happy to send it where ever...

Matt

1940 M2 AG     S/N 1X2072
1942 M2 MG-1 S/N 4JA836
1943 M2 MG-1 S/N 9JA422
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 10:44:33 PM »

I could put it right on the site Matt. If you want you can email it to me. 1 mb isn't that much to put on the site.

Thanks,
Blake

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 06:50:06 PM »

I put the engine specifications and clutch service bulletin here: http://cletrac.org/pages/specifications.html under "Technical".

Blake

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Matt Rimmer
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 01:54:29 PM »

Many thanks guys. I'm still waiting for my water pump to come back from the rebuilders,it's been three months with several excuses from them,I think I'll have to ask them to just send it back and I'll find another place to do it.

Matt.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: