Cletrac.org
May 28, 2020, 09:57:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The TD14a epic saga  (Read 2893 times)
LoggerLee
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2011, 11:32:37 PM »

New to the clan TD14a,ain't looked up the number to see what year it is or anything,it didn't run,didn't turn when I went to get it,of course it "ran when I parked it" and other such about how it was really a fine machine,and I think the fella believed it too.....

The mag had a short in it,which took a little while to find,but was a easy fix.
Got it running with my little brothers TD9 mag and moved it back and forth a little and found out it wouldn't turn either way so we balanced it on a couple of truck wheels and while I drove back and forth a little the guy jerked the back off to the side with a Suburban,it worked better than I thought it would,though I felt a little bad for the Suburban...

Got it so I could back up to the thing and load it backwards...had to back the truck and trailer up the hill in high range at about 25mph slipping most of the way...lol

Started to load it on the trailer without any steering and of course it jerked and bucked and slipped around,so I chained it this way and that,Mom (who was my help) decided she'd seen enough and went somewhere where she didn't have to witness the disaster.

Chains binders hours and lots of sweat later she was on there,only stuck out like 8" on the drivers side and about 2' on the other....lol sneak sneak and made it to the property at about 0330,hop in the Brat to head home....made it about half way and the left rear tire locked up/fell off....what a adventure.

Should have taken more pictures,maybe some video.

3DDH tractors,Allis Chalmers M crawler,T-20,BDH,2112 Simplicity and a GT30 Terratrac.
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 05:20:17 PM »

That's a great story! It's always interesting to hear what folks go through to get an old tractor or engine. Maybe we need a section just for stories like this? Thanks for sharing!

Blake

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: