Cletrac.org
August 18, 2019, 06:19:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I like hauling  (Read 2713 times)
LoggerLee
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2011, 11:08:42 PM »

I like hauling tractors around,especially now that I have a truck and trailer big enough to haul more than a BD,I hauled the DDHs with a small dump truck and equipment trailer...but it was rickety to say the least.

My advice is to buy a bigger truck than you think you need,better too much equipment than not enough.

Avoid scales,they are a pain in the rear,only break one law at a time. (more advice)

3DDH tractors,Allis Chalmers M crawler,T-20,BDH,2112 Simplicity and a GT30 Terratrac.
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 11:07:54 AM »

I second Logger Lee's comment. I found myself in a situation a couple weeks ago, where I misjudged the weight of some equipment, and was hauling it with a pickup, when I needed a semi. Long story short, I blew a tire 300 or so miles from home. Could also only drive like 40 mph along the highway. Very dangerous in itself. I still am not sure why I'm not in jail. Ended up leaving equipment at a friend's and had to go back to get it. Lost my tail on that job...

Bob

Certified Cletrac-tard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: