Cletrac.org
November 28, 2014, 08:04:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tires  (Read 2080 times)
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2011, 09:47:29 PM »

I was wondering what kind of 8-14.5 trailer tires people have had good luck with. I bought 6 new ones for my tag trailer, and they were cheap priced and even cheaper made. They run plenty warm to my liking. Any suggestions?

Bob

Certified Cletrac-tard
LoggerLee
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 11:23:37 PM »

Wish I could help ya,I don't have anything that runs that size of tires.

My 10k trailer I bought the best ones I could get around here,and they cost plenty,but I overload that trailer as often as not,and the tires that came on it were about right for a light weight travel trailer.

The lowboy has 22.5s on it,they were cheap retreads that the guy threw in since he didn't need them anymore,I doubt I'll overload it.

3DDH tractors,Allis Chalmers M crawler,T-20,BDH,2112 Simplicity and a GT30 Terratrac.
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 07:13:49 AM »

These 14.5s are like 14 ply also, so its not like they are car tires. IDK, maybe they are fine, I just get nervos after I had some tire issues 500 miles from home.

My lowboy had 9.00-15s. I absolutely hated them. Just about the time you were depending on them, one and maybe even two would go flat. I switched those to tubeless 17.5s. 110% better.

Bob

Certified Cletrac-tard
Wes (MI)
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 09:09:05 PM »

I run Carlisle (sp) on my flat bed. They've been on there for 4 years now with no complaints yet. They were about $80 from Firestone.
redmt
phpBB Junior Operator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 09:05:58 AM »

I thought the 14.5's were strictly mobile home? I run 14.5's on my low deck drag along and I've probably smoked over a hundred through the years. I prefer the balder ones as they are the ones that haven't blown up yet. A new 14.5 scares me to death.

Due to current economic conditions, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 10:22:39 PM »

No they make them for highway use too. I ended up with some good ones I've hauled alot with and worked out well, run cool and tread has lasted, but don't remember the brand.

Certified Cletrac-tard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: