Cletrac.org
October 18, 2018, 04:03:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wishing you folks all a very Merry Christmas! From Blake Malkamaki and Cletrac.org.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AG-6 distributor (specifically the cap)  (Read 2894 times)
Arbie
phpBB Apprentice

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2011, 10:12:16 AM »

I have a 1948 AG-6.  According to specifications this has a continental f226 engine.  The distributor is a Delco-Remy #1111766 according to the specification info I have.  The distributor cap is completely shot and I have been unable to locate one.  Anybody have any info or suggestions that might help me out here.  I hate to have a dead tractor sitting in my yard just because of a distributor cap!  Thanks!
Doug424
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 12:43:25 PM »

That cap shouldn't be hard to find. Those 226 engines were used in many applications. A lot of the old Delco caps were the same. Where did you look? a good old auto parts should be able to find it,, just not an autozone type store. This is possibly the right cap:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Distributor-Cap-Oliver-Tractors-6-Cyl-Delco-Clip-Held-/370554989458?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5646cc6b92

HG's (several) OC-3's, (many), OC-4, OC-46,
OC-96, OC-12, OC-126, Cletrac AD2
Cletrac DD, Cletrag AG-6
Many other Crawlers, Tons of junk
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 09:19:00 PM »

I would guess that one off a willys jeep pick up from the 50s would be the same. Try having autozone or NAPA look up one for that application.

Certified Cletrac-tard
440roadrunner
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 01:12:22 AM »

You have the distributor number,  right?   A REAL  parts store  can look up the parts you need  using the dist. number.

You cannot break it if it's broken,  but....
You can fix it so it cannot be fixed!!
AG-6Hguy
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 04:50:33 PM »

NAPA is where I get mine. Not hard at all.

Good luck

AG6Hguy
Tim Ling
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 07:51:49 PM »

Go to NAPA. They can look up parts for any industrial engine distributor by using the distributor number. I will look tomorrow at NAPA, where I work and see if I can get you a part number.
Tim Ling
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 05:32:01 PM »

I checked on your parts today. According to the Echlin Ignition Unit Parts Guide, for a Continental F226 with a Delco Distributor with number, 1111766, your tune up parts should be as follows. Points, CS763A. Condenser, RR174. Cap, RR142. Rotor,RR83. We only keep the points and condenser in stock, but we can order the cap and rotor from our warehouse in Columbus, Ohio. Your local NAPA store should be able to get these items for you as well.
LoggerLee
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 06:49:55 PM »

you're awesome Tim,good work!

3DDH tractors,Allis Chalmers M crawler,T-20,BDH,2112 Simplicity and a GT30 Terratrac.
Tim Ling
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 06:55:52 PM »

Glad I could help. Take your old parts in with you when you go to the NAPA store. They can look up a graphical display on their computor and check to see if the numbers I gave you match your parts. The Echlin Buyers Guide for ignition parts also has pictures of these parts. Good luck with your tractor.
440roadrunner
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 01:07:22 AM »

I checked on your parts today. According to the Echlin Ignition Unit Parts Guide, for a Continental F226 with a Delco Distributor with number, 1111766, your tune up parts should be as follows. Points, CS763A. Condenser, RR174. Cap, RR142. Rotor,RR83. We only keep the points and condenser in stock, but we can order the cap and rotor from our warehouse in Columbus, Ohio. Your local NAPA store should be able to get these items for you as well.

Did you find that online?   IF so,   I'd like a link.   

You cannot break it if it's broken,  but....
You can fix it so it cannot be fixed!!
Tim Ling
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 09:26:06 AM »

No, I looked it up in the Echlin Unit Parts Guide at the NAPA store where I work. We can find distributor parts by the distributor number. I used the Delco Distributor Number that was posted by Arbie.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: