Cletrac.org
September 01, 2014, 06:13:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 11/28/12 - Added a Calendar where members can post and view upcoming events, shows, etc.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Year was the model F first built ?  (Read 776 times)
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2012, 05:01:53 PM »

Cat boys are saying .Best built a high track before cletrac did .
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 09:52:15 PM »

1920 I believe. http://cletrac.org/media/pictures/specs/spec_F_20K_15.jpg

Blake

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 09:43:28 AM »

Hi Blake , This is the thread about the hi track Best .

http://www.acmoc.org/bb/showthread.php?14854-They-say-this-is-the-first-high-track-made.

With the tiller wheel out the front , i don;t know if i myself  would class it as a proper crawler tractor .
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 09:46:50 AM »

Hey Blake I just put a post with a link to the ACMOC forum thread on the Best Hi drive. It was flagged as spam and removed .
countryguy828
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 11:17:34 AM »

Sounds as though some people are afraid of facts in writing.

Dave

19?? Cletrac HG
1936 Cletrac E
1949 Allis-Chalmers B
1952 Allis-Chalmers CA
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 07:05:10 PM »

What year are they saying Best came out with theirs?

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 07:48:21 PM »

Hi Blake ,The video i was trying to link says 1915 . Here is a photo of it .
Blake ,Can you check my settings please . I linked a post to a thread on ACMOC forum yesterday ;and the forum spam fighter flagged it as spam . Now when i have tryed to put a photo up ,it appears that i can't post photos .

OK the photo did come though , but when i went to preview the post ,the photo would not come up .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX7_VONUyGk
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 08:02:12 PM by Blake Malkamaki » Logged
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 07:54:48 PM »

Your settings look fine Ian.

Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 07:57:00 PM »

I've seen some of those track conversions for Fordson tractor with high center drive sprockets. I wouldn't consider them crawler tractors either though.

ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 07:59:45 PM »

Hi Blake , Just keep an eye on things . The original post i Put up  Still appears on my  Latest post list , But not on the forum . I will copy and paste it . again . If the spam fighter removes it ,i am not sure whether i will get automaticly banned for posting "spam" . Keep an eye out if i disappear after i post the next post .
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 08:01:05 PM »

Ok this is a copy and paste of my original post .

http://www.acmoc.org/bb/showthread.php?14854-They-say-this-is-the-first-high-track-made.

With the tiller wheel out the front , i don;t know if i myself  would class it as a proper crawler tractor .
  Remove  |  Reply  |  Reply with quote  |  Notify of replies   

Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 08:04:26 PM »

I put the YouTube link on your previous post. What Spam Fighter is tagging your posts?

Blake , It straight away Flagged as spam .

ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 08:14:50 PM »

With the tiller wheel out the front, i don't know if i myself  would class it as a proper crawler tractor .
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 10:09:38 PM by Blake Malkamaki » Logged
ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 08:19:52 PM »

This is from the recent post list that i can see if it comes out .
5  Cletrac Tractor Discussion / All Models Except HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General / Re: What Year was the model F first built ? on: Today at 12:31:05 PM 
Started by ianoz - Last post by ianoz 
Ok this is a copy and paste of my original post .

With the tiller wheel out the front , i don;t know if i myself  would class it as a proper crawler tractor .
  Remove  |  Reply  |  Reply with quote  |  Notify of replies   

Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 09:29:18 PM »

I can't even find where I can approve your message. Never had this issue before.

Blake

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: