Cletrac.org
December 15, 2019, 07:56:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cletracs are they getting hard to find?  (Read 1923 times)
oc6farmer
phpBB Apprentice

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2012, 05:20:32 PM »

Hi everyone I'm new to this posting thing and if i ramble a bit forgive me. I am from WV lived here all my life. I didn't take a interest in anything old till i was bout 14 (I'm 28 now). I have noticed at least here in the mountain state that old tractors and crawlers don't come up for sale anymore like they usted to. I'm wondering if people have junked everything or are just holding onto things. what is it like in the areas where some of u r from?  A person mite see 3 or 4 Hg/oc-3 in a summer in just the local trading paper now their aren't any. Every now and then a bigger beast 4 sale. It has probably been over a year since i have seen a crawler for sale locally. I own several Oliver tractors and two crawlers and helped save another that a friend of mine now has. just wondered bout the rest of the country and other parts of the world is like when it comes to this.
thanks for taking time to read this. have a good one
BLH
hotratz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 12:39:29 AM »

I see quite a few out west here but then again I search Craigslist a lot. Also see them on ebay fairly frequently. I wouldn't say they were hard to find at all. Most of the ones I see for sale are actually in the midwest and east coast.

Doug424
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 04:47:03 PM »

There have been an awful lot of good tractors that went to scrap. The way scrap prices took off a few years ago, a lot of people cleaned out their yards. But, overall,, there are still a lot of old tractors out there. The other factor is the guys (like me) that keep buying them & piling them up.  But, having said all that, I still find plenty of tractors to buy.  I'm in western pa,, just for reference.

HG's (several) OC-3's, (many), OC-4, OC-46,
OC-96, OC-12, OC-126, Cletrac AD2
Cletrac DD, Cletrag AG-6
Many other Crawlers, Tons of junk
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 09:40:20 PM »

I agree with Doug, but we really don't live that far from each other, and do the same kind of hoarding!

Bob

Certified Cletrac-tard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: