Cletrac.org
July 05, 2020, 03:42:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wishing you folks all a very Merry Christmas! From Blake Malkamaki and Cletrac.org.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Identify an old grader?  (Read 1951 times)
440roadrunner
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2012, 12:46:41 AM »

This  photo, taken in 59,  with my  little sister and brother aboard,  is a tractor made out of  part of a Road Grader.   I'm trying to figure out what it  "was."

When we got it   from  the "junker"  it was the rear wheels, rear axle/ transmission,  cast iron bellypan,  and a Ford flathead 6,  NOTHING  else.

My father  had the blade metal bend,  cuts made on the plow   arms,  and the discs  cutout for the lift winch   and MADE  the rest!!!

Front axle is out of a 34?--36??  Ford.  (Big bolt pattern,  cable brakes)   Radiator ??  Dash cluster  I think out of a Stude from the dump,  Lord knows the fuell tank,  and hood is home made.   The  plow hoist  was brutal,  an old worm drive steering box   on the near  wheel.  

My  Grandfather  named the place  "Ranch Atlasta"  on the hood of the tractor.    It lasted a couple of years,  threw a rod,  and Dad went on  to a "man's tractor,"   the Farmall Regular

So if you would,  concentrate on the rear,  the belly,  and the engine,   although  I do  NOT  know for certain  that the engine was "factory."   The idea of it  would have looked similar to the old  Ford tractor based graders,  but that is not what this was

I'm guessing it was a cruder, older version of this

« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 12:48:28 AM by 440roadrunner » Logged

You cannot break it if it's broken,  but....
You can fix it so it cannot be fixed!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: