Cletrac.org
December 15, 2019, 08:03:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1952 Clinton 5A Chainsaw  (Read 4536 times)
hotratz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2014, 02:47:39 PM »

I got bit by the vintage chainsaw bug. I was given this one about 20 years ago and I've been tripping over it in my shop since. Thought I'd give it sprucing up.

HERES THE VIDEO

Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 09:37:19 PM »

Great restoration Steve! You sure do some nice work.

Blake

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
hotratz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 09:28:02 AM »

Thanks Blake, The part that I thought is most impressive is the name plate that my wife reproduced for me. Below is a picture of the original, hardly legible, and the first draft of what the new one came out to be. The one on the saw is a little bit more refined than the one in this picture.

She also produced the "CLINTON" bar graphics. Both of these are sublimation printing and heat transferred onto metal.

Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 04:36:57 PM »

How'd she do that Steve? Looks great!

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
hotratz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 10:28:42 PM »

Sublimation is a process of printing an image with special ink onto special paper with a certain printer. The image is printed in reverse then laid onto a polyester material or materials with a special coating that will accept the ink and then heat transferred onto the material in a heat press. Lots of things are done that way. Coffee cups, mouse pads, IPhone covers. As a mater of fact the data plate she did for me is actually an aluminum IPhone cover blank that was cut down after printing. The chainsaw bar was first prepared with a baked on special white and then clear paint and then the image heat transferred on.

Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 12:08:27 AM »

I'm pretty sure that's how they do most of the plaques given out at steam shows. She did a really good job!

ianoz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 05:24:10 AM »

First rate Job there Mate .
And runs as good as it looks .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: