Cletrac.org
September 26, 2022, 05:16:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally back to work on my 1946 AG-6  (Read 8190 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
John D
phpBB THE Boss
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 245



View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 12:43:16 PM »

Everything has gone exceptionally well up to this point in the project, so it was time that I ran into some problems.

I ran a new copper gas line yesterday. I couldn't get the compression fittings to seal. I will have to take the tank out to see what's going on under there. I should have done the gas test before installing the tank.

BTW,  I had cleaned and sloshed the tank 10 years ago.  Nice to be able to put the iPhone inside for these pictures.  The tank has three chambers with large portholes between each.

I also ran into some issues with the hydraulic lines.  One of the custom fittings was broken (it's a 1/2" pipe nipple with pipe thread at one end and a JIC fitting brazed to the other).

In the photo it is coming out of the "T" fitting and attaches to the hydraulic hose.

Just more time and $$$ to fix.
Logged

John D
If you want to do what you want to do, you have to do what you have to do.
John D
phpBB THE Boss
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 245



View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 06:20:47 PM »

Another good day at work on the Cletrac project.

Gas line issues resolved today.

Painted & installed the hydraulic cylinders

Installed an air filter.

Re-threaded the 1/2" pipe nipple with the JIC fitting brazed to it. Saved it!

Hydraulic hoses installed & system tested. Found another nipple that had a hairline crack and was leaking right at the control lever.  Replaced that and now there are no more hydraulic leaks.

I drove it out of the shop for more photos.

Because I want to get it back to work next weekend I installed the old hydraulic controls and hoses. I have a  new tank and control lever ready to go but it will need different hose fittings.

I'm in the final stretch to the finish line.  It's now about 95% complete.

The paint on the blade WILL show use by the end of September.
Logged

John D
If you want to do what you want to do, you have to do what you have to do.
hotratz
phpBB THE Boss
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 528



View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2014, 07:01:22 PM »

I like the black paint on the hydro. cylinders. Makes for nice detail.
Logged

John D
phpBB THE Boss
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 245



View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 08:57:03 PM »

Thanks Steve. I was aiming for high contrast and really like the appearance.
When the new hydraulic tank and control is ready it will complete the black hydraulic system.
Logged

John D
If you want to do what you want to do, you have to do what you have to do.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!