Cletrac.org
August 20, 2019, 04:06:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lever Balls.  (Read 1664 times)
Matt Rimmer
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2015, 02:26:04 PM »

Hi,

Can anyone please suggest a source for the rubber "balls" used on the Cletrac M2 gear lever, hand throttle and on the front and rear lights?. I seem to recall Zimmerman offering them on their old website, but they are no longer mentioned, and Zimmerman don't seem to use email??.

Thanks,

Matt.

1944 Cletrac M2 project ongoing.
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 05:40:22 PM »

I bought a knob for my OC-12 from Zimmerman's. Other tractor dealers should have them too. My Gravely uses threaded balls, but not as big as the shifter on the OC-12. They have email.

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Matt Rimmer
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 06:35:37 AM »

Thanks Blake. Is the knob you bought black or red? and does it appear to be hard rubber or plastic? the one original I have is made from a dark red rubber.

Matt.

Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 10:56:34 AM »

Matt, this one is black and hard plastic. Red ones might be hard to find. Good luck.

Blake

Thanks Blake. Is the knob you bought black or red? and does it appear to be hard rubber or plastic? the one original I have is made from a dark red rubber.

Matt.

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Matt Rimmer
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 04:12:56 AM »

Thanks Blake.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: