Cletrac.org
December 15, 2019, 04:54:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wishing you folks all a very Merry Christmas! From Blake Malkamaki and Cletrac.org.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Military Cletrac  (Read 19526 times)
Jim Baker
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2013, 09:13:23 AM »

Just an update to let interested parties know that this project is still alive, and making some progress.  I have redrawn everything that was lost in the computer crash, plus some new drawings, thanks to some new info from Doug.  A lot of detail remains to be collected and added.  It is really difficult to tell accurately how parts fit together from photographs - mostly by trial and error...many errors...so far.
Jim

MG 2 Paper Model
hotratz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2013, 08:14:06 AM »

Thanks for the update. Am anxious to see progress pics when you get to that point.

Ol Paint
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2014, 11:23:19 AM »

I see eBay user 3wieds is offering a resin model kit of the M2 HST for $139.99.  Looks pretty detailed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-35-WW-II-US-M2-High-Speed-Tractor-CLETRAC-complete-Resin-Model-Kit-/161422958518?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item25958edfb6

Douglas
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2014, 02:01:08 PM »

Wow nice! Someone did some research.

Blake

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Jim Baker
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2015, 05:17:37 PM »

Pretty good model, although maybe a little off in detail.  It is molded resin, I believe.

I am still fiddling with some dimensions, and details, although I am getting close to putting it all together.  Unlike the molded parts that have many pieces combined into one, mine is being built from paper (cardstock, matt board,etc) and from many many pieces.  I'm not sure if I can post pictures these days, but when the time comes, I'll be sure to "show off" several year's work!  Might even make a kit available.  Jim

MG 2 Paper Model
Jim Baker
phpBB Operator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2016, 06:43:48 PM »

Making progress!  Here is a photo from the recent Paper Modeler's Convention in D.C.  For the record, this is 1/16 scale, all scratch built from scratch drawings.  But, I've had a lot of help along the way, from forum members, and Landis Zimmerman.  My thanks to them.

See if this link works:  http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/museums-air-shows-events-get-togethers/34549-2016-international-paper-model-convention-8.html?highlight=convention

Scroll down to Don Boose's post, image 11A and B

MG 2 Paper Model
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: