Cletrac.org
June 03, 2020, 08:46:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: found another one and a question  (Read 3813 times)
redlineoryourmine
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2003, 01:10:19 PM »

whare i have bought 3 of my cletracks the guy has come through and let me look in his barn and guess what another cletrack new from surplus still has tape over lights holly crud it was another great day looking at parts and history. next question does anyone have any parts for the MG1 cletracks i need a push pole and teh heater that goes on back fender i have never seen one except for a friend of this forum and he only has one. if anyone knows of any parts for these machines i have quite a few people that could use parts also. hopefully ill get the pad demensions to the guy that may be able to help with some for a reasonable price. i also am interested in new tracks for these machines along with about 6 other people hope we can get something going i seem to be the only one with anything for these machines we all could use some help and as always im looking for other machines for you all also hope i can be of help also. thanks as always Buck sharp drop me a line if you wanna chat i love it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by redlineoryourmine » Logged
John Schwiebert
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2003, 08:48:01 PM »

A few years ago there was aGeneral in a small junk yard near here.  I do not remember right now, but it had a non adjustable wide front (standard tread) and I should have wrote it down, but something about being U S goverment property. Joh Ault told me about one he looked at one time too. Those wide front ends do not show up in mu parts books. Any comments.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by John Schwiebert » Logged

John Schwiebert
redlineoryourmine
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 07:20:00 PM »

a general? what a AM general they made lots of stuff im not sure what you are talking about but maby interested if its cool. see if its still there take a picture of it id like to see it either way. if i dont need teh parts someone will the generators compressors and winches are usually gone i also need the engine side panels there is a top and a bottom i have the bottoms
pmarriott
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2003, 03:45:38 AM »

Hi Buck,
It's Paul over in England I am currently having a pair of upper side panels nd lower side panels mades for my MG-1. I should be collecting them around Christmas time. I can send you a load of photo's then and dimensions etc if that helps?Huh Please email me a few photos of the new MG-1 you have found and this heater item. I've not heard of that or seen that before. Cheers Paul.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by pmarriott » Logged
redlineoryourmine
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2003, 10:49:21 PM »

david pope is the guy that has the heater i give the orrigional manual back to the owner and my reprint dont have it in it i forget what it says about it but it does show a picture of it. i think david said its to hang under the oil pan to preheat the engine and have herd from non reliable people that they directed heat under the seat but im not sure about that ill get the orrigional when i go back again to try and talk the other guy out of his 4 cletracks which are mostly parts except 1 which is the best one ive ever seen still in shed.
Terry Welshans
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 04:23:27 PM »

Cletrac made a wheel tractor that used a lot of the same components as the OC-3.  They called it model GG or "General"

They sold the design to B.F. Avery in Louisville, where they were made for a few years.  B.F. Avery sold the design to Minneapolis-Moline, and they made them for a while as well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Terry Welshans » Logged
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 07:24:39 PM »

Mongomery Ward sold them too.

I believe the Wards and the Averys were actually made in at the plant in Cleveland at the time and sold under their names.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Blake » Logged

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: